Post-Game Talk: GAME 12 - Bruins still unbeaten in the US but now 0-2 in Canada - Toronto 2 BRUINS 1 F

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
First live game for me in years so obviously wanted the win, but that was still an incredible game/effort by the boys. Thought for sure they'd pull it off when Samsonov got hurt

Reactions: sarge88 and BMC

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
First live game for me in years so obviously wanted the win, but that was still an incredible game/effort by the boys. Thought for sure they'd pull it off when Samsonov got hurt
I felt the opposite. I believe Samsonov is 0-4 lifetime against the Bruins. I was sure the Bruins were going to crack him eventually last night.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I felt the opposite. I believe Samsonov is 0-4 lifetime against the Bruins. I was sure the Bruins were going to crack him eventually last night.
didn`t really make him stand on his head last night, not nearly enough traffic in front against a D that hardly has the reputation of making life miserable for opponents in front of the net.

Gonna happen, not going to complain about a loss after the way this team has come outta the gate

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
didn`t really make him stand on his head last night, not nearly enough traffic in front against a D that hardly has the reputation of making life miserable for opponents in front of the net.

Gonna happen, not going to complain about a loss after the way this team has come outta the gate
Yeah I don’t think the Leafs suddenly became a good defensive team but they definitely seemed like it last night.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This team is not fast on d or especially at center. It is a weakness for which they will have to compensate. Charlie Mac and no Zboril should help the speed on d.
I think the team is plenty fast, they just weren't skating last night.

Reilly out with the goalie pulled was an interesting choice
yeah that one was weird, I would have had Lindholm out there for sure. I think maybe Reilly just got stuck out there.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020

I agree, not enough traffic in front of the net as usual, not enough physical in D zone they let players skate and skate and skate instead of hit them along the boards, Bruins D corp is not hard one to play against...but they have a great start why complain...

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I didnt see them psychologically messed they played well to crush them the puck just didnt go in that's all. 2 to 1 wasn't a team in disarray.

Please stop this crap the Bruins players are professionals and most are veterans they have seen everything

You're blaming their poor play and the Leafs great play on a manufactured media circus about off-ice issues? Nah. Team just got outworked.

I dunno, to me it looked like they were chasing the play for the first two period before turning things around a bit in the third (were pretty handily outshot 28-21 by the Leafs). Some of that is Toronto being a tough match-up but, given how well the team has been playing recently, I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that the media storm over the past few days might have been a distraction. I'll admit that my initial post came across a lot whinier than I intended (probably because I sent it off the cuff with one foot out the door as soon as the game ended 😛)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad