Post-Game Talk: GAME 12 - Bruins still unbeaten in the US but now 0-2 in Canada - Toronto 2 BRUINS 1 F

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Special teams was off. As some mentioned above no movement on PP.

With that said I wasn’t impressed with the Leafs. Bruins on their game beat them. Let’s not forget McAvoy missing.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Disagree. Leafs are a good team, had a good game, the Bruins didn't look like what we've seen.
Put it this way, The Leafs are far from a shutdown team but successfully sat back in the 3rd against this offence. Shots were 7-2 in the 3rd. That's not speed.
Disagree. Leafs are a good team, had a good game, the Bruins didn't look like what we've seen.
Put it this way, The Leafs are far from a shutdown team but successfully sat back in the 3rd against this offence. Shots were 7-2 in the 3rd. That's not speed.
They held Bruins to 21 shots and over 3 less goals then they averaging. Anyhow if you think Leafs are not a fast team I dunno what to say

Special teams was off. As some mentioned above no movement on PP.

With that said I wasn’t impressed with the Leafs. Bruins on their game beat them. Let’s not forget McAvoy missing.
They could not adjust to Leafs taking away man down low. The sec that puck went low the Leafs pressured hard

Reactions: Oates2Neely

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
As much as I hate the Leafs I have to give them credit last night. They took this game real seriously, it meant more to them then the Bruins considering the criticism they have been receiving plus the chance to knock off the #1 ranked Bruins. Despite the Leafs backchecking to save their lives the Bruins with any kind of luck could have gotten that game to OT. Missing McAvoy is also huge, he is a legitimate game changer at both ends of the ice.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
the leafs out-bruined the bruins. they played like it was their stanley cup (which it might be).
throwing the body and doing all the little things they needed to do. an irrelevant loss for us.
Yeah, these games feel a little less do or die since they broadened out the divisions.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Is anyone surprised? The game seemed secondary. Hearing Bergeron and Foligno talk yesterday proved again how quality they are and that this team is in good hands in the dressing room.
But no one seemed focused. Missing easy passes and shots. I know it's their job but it's a job that demands for them to be completely engaged. They weren't. I don't blame them.
As a fan I barely cared. - after having this one circled.
Just hope it doesn't linger too long.
This is total hyperbole. They weren’t going to win every game.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
This is total hyperbole. They weren’t going to win every game.
Not meant that way. I know they won't.
They just didn't look up for the game and then didn't look on when they started skating.
I just think that we've all had days when we're pissed at our bosses, company, etc. And haven't done our best work.

Reactions: hrdpuk

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They just didn't look up for the game and then didn't look on when they started skating.
I just think that we've all had days when we're pissed at our bosses, company, etc. And haven't done our best work.
I thought they looked plenty up for the game. They played hard, and Toronto played well.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Thought Krejci made some key defensive plays but brought very little offensively.

Carlo & Nosek both on for the 2 Leafs goals. Very weak effort from Nosek on the second goal.

Lindholm makes some Nick Lidstrom-like plays at both ends of the ice.

Ullmark kept the B's in this one.

Coyle was 0-5 on faceoffs.

Trent Frederic only player to play under 10 minutes for Bruins.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I suppose over the course of an 82 game season you’re going to have nights like last night.

They mentioned several times on the broadcast it was the fourth game of a four game road trip, so I guess they might be ready to get home. Not to mention the Maple Leafs were as amped up for a regular season game as I’ve seen anyone in a while. They (the Leafs) played smothering defense and did a great job closing off shooting lanes.

For the Bruins, I liked Taylor Hall’s game last night. To paraphrase a football saying; he skates north-south. He was the one Bruin I noticed who never once took his foot off the gas and was relentless in trying to move the puck forward.

Linus Ullmark was spectacular. The saves he made were huge, and I think he faced some pretty tough shots. That game could have been far uglier given the disparity in shots if not for Ullmark.

Lastly… Marchand. What can I say about him? We KNEW he was going to score as soon as the ref made the call. That goal was sick! Marchand = underrated by pretty much everyone but us.

I would have preferred a win last night over Toronto to a win on Monday vs. a St. Louis team nobody cares about, but I guess the Bruins will just have to rebound against the Blues.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
OMG I had the same thought last night - doesn’t he have any friends? :eek:
I thought they had energy. The PP was flat. Toronto just played better. I didn’t see anything in the 60 minutes last night that suggested they were pissed at management. For one game, the Leafs were the better team.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I suppose over the course of an 82 game season you’re going to have nights like last night.

They mentioned several times on the broadcast it was the fourth game of a four game road trip, so I guess they might be ready to get home. Not to mention the Maple Leafs were as amped up for a regular season game as I’ve seen anyone in a while. They (the Leafs) played smothering defense and did a great job closing off shooting lanes.

For the Bruins, I liked Taylor Hall’s game last night. To paraphrase a football saying; he skates north-south. He was the one Bruin I noticed who never once took his foot off the gas and was relentless in trying to move the puck forward.

Linus Ullmark was spectacular. The saves he made were huge, and I think he faced some pretty tough shots. That game could have been far uglier given the disparity in shots if not for Ullmark.

Lastly… Marchand. What can I say about him? We KNEW he was going to score as soon as the ref made the call. That goal was sick! Marchand = underrated by pretty much everyone but us.

I would have preferred a win last night over Toronto to a win on Monday vs. a St. Louis team nobody cares about, but I guess the Bruins will just have to rebound against the Blues.
This. Hall was all over the puck last night. He’s playing hard. He now has the work ethic to match his skill level. With a little puck luck he could have a huge season.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Infact, Toronto is owed a lot more credit than they’re getting on these boards.

I don’t watch a whole lot of their games, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was their most well played game of the season.
The Leafs beating the Bruins is like there Stanley Cup they beat the Bruins all three games last season,and really pre Covid I think they have handed the Bruins pretty well in the regular season.I thought the Leafs played a very good game especially defensively,it’s no secret that the Defence part of the game is there weakest link ,and Bruins didn’t spend enough time in the Leafs end to take advantage of this.But the Bruins really still couldn’t have won with a little more puck luck ,so that’s definitely encouraging.

Reactions: CrownofThornton

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

No doubt about both of these points. The Bs had a chance late in the game only because of Ullmark. He was absolutely excellent. Defensive breakdowns aplenty yet Linus stood strong and made a lot of quality saves. Sucks the team couldn't give him more support.

I noticed Hall in particular as well. Last game I felt like he was the strongest B forward on the puck and along the boards. Same thing last night. He has always had a 200 foot game, but this season he seems to be aiming at playing with more power in mind. His effort level has been superb. He is adding a great dimension to his line.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I am concerned that this game plan will continue to be the Bruins kryptoniye, just like Carolina. Fast checking teams absolutely smother the Bruins and the games are a chore to watch. It's gone on for years now, looks like tmsame weakness still exists.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Looked like the centers were 500 on the faceoff dot
Except Coyle 0-5

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes