Post-Game Talk: GAME 12 - Bruins still unbeaten in the US but now 0-2 in Canada - Toronto 2 BRUINS 1 F

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Nosek on the PK was embarrassing. Should be hitting waivers by the time McAvoy is back.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I didn't find it an exciting game but it could be I just wasn't into the game as much as usual. I hate the Leafs, we are already hearing how the Leafs beat the Bruins all games last season too. Yuck. Almost like you get a trophy for that or something. Anyway, the next game should be much better.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I didn't find it an exciting game but it could be I just wasn't into the game as much as usual. I hate the Leafs, we are already hearing how the Leafs beat the Bruins all games last season too. Yuck. Almost like you get a trophy for that or something. Anyway, the next game should be much better.
It was a fast game, but Bruins never really found a way to cope with the speed and sticks of Toronto.

I don’t particularly find it exciting when our team is getting shut down that badly. A loss where teams exchange quality chances, sure. This was just frustrating.

aguineapig

Went back and forth whether to watch but of course was right there at puck drop. I'll be damned if I'll let anything keep me away from what may be Bergeron's final act, Krejci too. They are deserving of my unwavering support on the ice unlike others in the organization off it. The Leafs were ready for this one, they were everywhere all over the ice like they're everywhere all over my yard. We were still in it right til the end. I moped off to bed and as soon as I turned the covers realized I neglected to turn the damn clocks back. Tried to turn them back to Thursday.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Bruins aren't going to win many games in which Pasta has just one shot on goal. Which isn't to blame him personally, just something that's symptomatic that they got outworked and ultimately outplayed in this one. Toronto are tough to beat at home, and they needed the win more, so while it's annoying to lose it's no big deal.

Whether or not the team has been knocked off-kilter at all by recent events will be more discernible on Monday. Home ice against a team that has been really struggling. A game they should win and in which they'll be looking for a bounce back to the much crisper, more effective play we've seen for most of this young season so far. We'll see how they go then, and we'll see what happens off the ice between now and then. What a strange 48 hours it's been.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
You realize Carlo was directly involved in both goals ? He's a black hole
On the first goal Carlo was battling two leafs behind the net and lost. Hardly his fault two against one . What was Gryz doing standing bye the opposite post as to where the goal was scored. For me Carlo was doing his part .
The second goal was a power play for the leafs. It is just the first example of how big of a loss Forbort is on the PK

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I thought the game was on the same level as playoff hockey. Leafs's sticks were very active and they clogged zone entries ... Boston better work on zone entries and their PP, otherwise not much to complain about because Boston showed up to play as did Toronto.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nosek on the PK was embarrassing. Should be hitting waivers by the time McAvoy is back.
That was horrendous. Carlo chased. Lindholm i believe was six miles away in the corner. Nosek out front with his thumb up his ass not even taking up space. If you’re gonna do nothing, at least take up space.

Reactions: KrejciWinger

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just to rub salt into the wound:
"I woke up to an extra hour of sleep this morning. Was drinking my coffee and enjoying the view when I realized my front lawn was covered in Blue Jays..."

I was not really into the game last night.
Watched it, but was mostly checked out.
Bruins were scrambling it looked like most of the game.
The Leafs jumped on them and the guys were on their heels all night.

Carlo and Nosek don't play very well on their heels.

Big win for Toronto fandom. Good for them.
Not sure if the boys were all there last night.
Or if coaching/team just did not adjust to the style Toronto threw at them.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Actually I was surprised it was just 2-1 the way they chased all game. Its a long season, on to the next one.
1667738616147.png

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Laffs out hustled and out checked the B's for most of the game until the last half of the third

Bruins came close to tying the game in the third period a few times but had no puck luck

If the B's PP was working they probably pick up a point ...or two, but their PP was crap
This is correct.You also add Forbert McAvoy and Lauko your cooking with gas

Reactions: bobbyorr04

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He was late getting to Matthews but it would bother me more if it was 5 on 5.Carlo let that pass come through pretty easy.If Carlo is gonna go there it has to be straight back from post as Nylander comes around net not on an angle towards corner.If not let him go and protect. Carlo played that risky and lost.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Is anyone surprised? The game seemed secondary. Hearing Bergeron and Foligno talk yesterday proved again how quality they are and that this team is in good hands in the dressing room.
But no one seemed focused. Missing easy passes and shots. I know it's their job but it's a job that demands for them to be completely engaged. They weren't. I don't blame them.
As a fan I barely cared. - after having this one circled.
Just hope it doesn't linger too long.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Is anyone surprised? The game seemed secondary. Hearing Bergeron and Foligno talk yesterday proved again how quality they are and that this team is in good hands in the dressing room.
But no one seemed focused. Missing easy passes and shots. I know it's their job but it's a job that demands for them to be completely engaged. They weren't. I don't blame them.
As a fan I barely cared. - after having this one circled.
Just hope it doesn't linger too long.
They never lost because of what your inferring. They lost because of Leafs taking away some things they like to do and mistakes.Also did not like taking speed out of lineup like Lauko vs fast team

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
They never lost because of what your inferring. They lost because of Leafs taking away some things they like to do and mistakes.Also did not like taking speed out of lineup like Lauko vs fast team
Disagree. Leafs are a good team, had a good game, the Bruins didn't look like what we've seen.
Put it this way, The Leafs are far from a shutdown team but successfully sat back in the 3rd against this offence. Shots were 7-2 in the 3rd. That's not speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad