GDT: Game # 12: Blues @ Devils, 7:30PM, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Josefson got demoted because of Clowe. No one can play well with that 20 anchor on their line. Well, actually, I bet Tarasenko could...

Both versions of the 4th line played well. 3rd line was easily the worst line. Clowe was bad and Brunner was invisible. Only JJ and Gio played well on the third line.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Salvador only played a little over 17 minutes tonight. Hopefully this continues. His minutes have been cut the last bunch of games.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I recall him playing the very next shift and playing well, but I don't remember his exact time after that.

Recall him playing a fair amount in the third too.

Lars had 17:09 minutes so he played more then a fair amount. Played the same amount as Sal and more then Gely by 2 minutes (and Gely had PP time).

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Agree with this. Line needs a finisher.

Also ZBC is right. PK didn't cost us this game. It was 1-0. If anything blame the PP for not scoring despite multiple opportunities.

The PK may not have cost us this game. But it was not good tonight, the struggles do continue.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
yeh this game wasn't terrible, that tarasenko shot was well placed. i really just wished we could've kept up with them more in the third period, like we seemed to be during the 1st and 2nd.

but jeez, hitchcock's system is so freakin stifling

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't think the PK problems are the result of any system. The personnel to execute a good PK just isn't there.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
It'd be interesting to try out havlat along zajac and Jagr when he comes back. Not sure exactly how cammalleri slots back in given the fact that I'd like to see the henrique-Elias-Ryder line keep playing but zajac and Jagr need someone with hands who can stick handle in tight spaces and create chances via that

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I think they need to get Zajac away from Jagr. Drop Zajac down and let him play a simple game. Maybe he can recapture something... But right now he's a liability on the top six.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think they need to get Zajac away from Jagr. Drop Zajac down and let him play a simple game. Maybe he can recapture something... But right now he's a liability on the top six.

And Zubrus isn't?

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
yeh this game wasn't terrible, that tarasenko shot was well placed. i really just wished we could've kept up with them more in the third period, like we seemed to be during the 1st and 2nd.

but jeez, hitchcock's system is so freakin stifling

I now know how our victims felt between 1994-2004

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah the big problem with the forwards is there isn't enough quality. Take Zajac out, who goes there? No matter what you do you can't get around the fact that this team doesn't have more than a couple actual top 6 players.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Well we actually played pretty well tonight and managed to lose

One of the better games we've played this season

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Both versions of the 4th line played well. 3rd line was easily the worst line. Clowe was bad and Brunner was invisible. Only JJ and Gio played well on the third line.

Brunner has played himself off the team, but there is no one to take his place right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I now know how our victims felt between 1994-2004

I'm tired of a team that hasn't won jack ****, being compared to our championship teams.

Compare the Blues to our 97-99 or 06-10 teams if you want. It's an insult to compare them to any of our championship teams, or even the 01 team. A bunch of chokers who go out in the first or second round every year

I'd much rather compare them to Hitch's Philadelphia teams. It's actually a lot more accurate.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Brunner has played himself off the team, but there is no one to take his place right now.

I believe Brunner will be part of a package that gets traded for either a young NHL centerman or draft pick(s).

Unfortunately, if it does happen, it will include one of the younger Dmen. Not the root of the problem (insert names here)

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I'm tired of a team that hasn't won jack ****, being compared to our championship teams.

Compare the Blues to our 97-99 or 06-10 teams if you want. It's an insult to compare them to any of our championship teams, or even the 01 team. A bunch of chokers who go out in the first or second round every year

I'd much rather compare them to Hitch's Philadelphia teams. It's actually a lot more accurate.

Some of the Blues best players are still very young: Tarasenko (23), Shattenkirk (26), Schwartz (22), Pietrangelo (25). They are only going to get better.

They lost to the CHI last year and LAK twice before that. CHI and LAK are both multiple cup winners. They are a really good team and will probably win 1 or 2 cups in the near future.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some of the Blues best players are still very young: Tarasenko (23), Shattenkirk (26), Schwartz (22), Pietrangelo (25). They are only going to get better.

They lost to the CHI last year and LAK twice before that. CHI and LAK are both multiple cup winners. They are a really good team and will probably win 1 or 2 cups in the near future.

Yeah okay. I'll believe that when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad