GDT: Game # 12: Blues @ Devils, 7:30PM, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
all Im saying is that unlike our jets the season is far from over, the over reaction after every game here is mind blowing.

I think the reasoning for the overreactions is that our fans are fairly smart, and yes the reaction to the wins and losses are probably a bit extreme. however I do think the average hockey fan can sense that we are treading water with this group of forwards and sooner or later the other shoe is going to fall off. and this string of games may be the type of string that can bring in a quick 3 or 4 game losing streak. we are putting an old slow product on the ice and most of us don't think its enough to be a legit playoff team over the 82 game schedule. they have played ok considering the young defense and horrible forwards. lets see what happens here in these next 3 games against some better competition.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
With Camm and Havlat not going on the trip, I would try the following lines:

Ruutu-Zajac-Jagr
Elias-Henrique-Ryder
Clowe/Zubrus-Josefson-Brunner
Zubrus/Clowe-Gionta-Bernier

For the 100th time, Zubrus should not be on the first line. Try Ruutu for the next couple of games until Cammalleri is back.

Zubrus and Ruutu both have 2+0=2, but Ruutu has played half the minutes and together with 4th liners.

I agree ruutu has shown some jump, again its not a long term solution but at this point he will bring a little speed to that line, not much but at least he can get in on a forecheck and will go hard to the front of the net. debeor won't do it. I like debeor but the one area of his coaching I don't like is his loyalty to vets, and he is slow to adjust , he eventually makes the adjustments but seems a day late and a dollar short in many instances.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Their only real choke job came in the regular season when they pissed away the last 6 games of last season and drew Chicago in the first round instead of Minnesota. Other than that they have simply lost to one of the two best teams in the league for 3 straight years.

And if anyone watched that series against LA in 2013, they had LA on the ropes only to have Quick steal the series. The blues are a legitimate team year in and year out, due to their depth & the fact that they may have the most complete defensive pair in the NHL with Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester. Bouwmeester can skate effortlessly like Niedermayer and Pietrangelo is a legit #1.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Completely thought this was the GDT for tonight's game, and was amazed there was already 35 pages :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad