Pre-Game Talk: Game 12 - 2/10 7:10 PM - THE BEAR invades Manhattan - NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Your rating system doesn’t make sense.
to you. I have used it for a long time and it makes great sense to me. it measures effective play, success. I have learned a lot from the surprises and outliers, and have grown more confidence in my assessments over time. I do not need anybody to join me in valuing it all, I just offer my notes in discussion. Cliffy has been hot. Grzekcyk is usually better by enough to make an easier call.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
mentioning the change in Rask's save percentage without the loss of Chara's reach seems like choosing to ignore a major factor. he'll not be 0.940 again. Halak is likely to drop. a neat discussion would be why he might not miss Chara as much.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I like McGuire better than some of the others. Plus he is nice to me. He always stops in to say hello when he is at a B's home game and always says what he likes about the B's.

My brother and I met Pierre at a prep-school game a couple years ago. He was humble and gracious, even though his kid scored the winning goal off my nephew, who was in net. Real nice guy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My brother and I met Pierre at a prep-school game a couple years ago. He was humble and gracious, even though his kid scored the winning goal off my nephew, who was in net. Real nice guy.
I gave him a hard time once years ago for his love of the Pens. He came back out and gave me the peace sign. Now he will always stop and talk.

Pierre had cancer a couple of years ago so I asked him if he was OK. He seemed very touched that I was asking and told me he was doing fine.

I like him over many of the others. He does seem to love the game of hockey.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I really don't hate Pierre like most do.

Give me him 100/100 times over the likes of Glen Healy or Cassie Campbell.

Me either. Pierre has toned it down a lot from his early years at TSN where he was over-the-top.

Healy was awful, one of my least favorites. Him and Greg Millen. Both former goaltenders who showed no love at all for the Bruins, and no talent for broadcasting.

Cassie Campbell was cringe-worthy in her early years of broadcasting but has come a long way and is slightly tolerable now.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Lotta flukey goals, lotta high quality opportunities allowed would be my guess

he’s passed my eye test, that’s all I know

Oh 100%. That's why I was surprised by it.

He's been dope. So have our D though, especially the youngins.

Reactions: CDJ

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Me either. Pierre has toned it down a lot from his early years at TSN where he was over-the-top.

Healy was awful, one of my least favorites. Him and Greg Millen. Both former goaltenders who showed no love at all for the Bruins, and no talent for broadcasting.

Cassie Campbell was cringe-worthy in her early years of broadcasting but has come a long way and is slightly tolerable now.

Healy was brutal, hated the Bruins and came off as arrogant, couldn't stand him. Millen was a kinder less arrogant version of Healy. As for Cassie Campbell, all I will say is she should have been replaced years ago, you either have it or you don't in that profession, and she clearly dosen't.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I really don't hate Pierre like most do.

Give me him 100/100 times over the likes of Glen Healy or Cassie Campbell.

Pierre is great. He has his obsessions but also knowledge and actual energy to the broadcast. I take him over Boucher easily. Absolutely ahead of Cassie Campbell as well.

Nice to have a Bruins game to watch tonight.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Anything less than 3 out of 4 points is unacceptable for these next two . Rangers aren’t good . I’m working 3-11 so it’s DVR time for me . It’s time Coyle and Debrusk got going. I’d like to see that 3rd line be the Bruins best line tonight .

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
sucks clifton is out.
ill be watching gryz tonite.
hopefully no let ups along the boards and letting guys push him around.

lets get a lead for a change tonite.

Reactions: bbfan419

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Too bad it is not on the TV tonight, oh well.

Keep the points piling up and stay healthy.

Lets see how Griz preforms, hopefully not too rusty, would be nice to have Debrusk pot one as well.

Reactions: bbfan419

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Glad to have a game to watch finally. Things were getting loopy in here with all the Jake Virtanen talk haha

Happy to see DeBrusk and Gryz are back in. Hope Kase isn't too far behind. If they could go a few games without new injuries that would be swell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad