Pre-Game Talk: Game 12 - 2/10 7:10 PM - THE BEAR invades Manhattan - NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02/08/sports/bruins-expect-jake-debrusk-matt-grzelcyk-return-

Jake DeBrusk and Matt Grzelcyk rejoined the Bruins for a workout Monday and both are expected back in the lineup Wednesday night when the Bruins face the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
Grzelcyk, sidelined for six of the 11 games this season, will plug back into the No. 2 defensive pairing with right side running mate Brandon Carlo. He also will be the No. 1 point option on the power play.
DeBrusk, often at David Krejci’s left wing the last couple of years, likely will begin the night on the No. 3 line centered by Charlie Coyle, with his wing opposite Anders Bjork still to be determined.
I like McAvoy on the top PP over Grizz.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I have Grzelcyk and Clifton rated really close to each other in the low 80s, and I think Cliffy's hot streak and Grz'z being out add up to enough to wash the small difference there, but getting the first-powerplay defenseman back into the flow is probably enough to make me choose a different d-dude to rest while riding the hot streak. roster maintenance.

McAvoy likely playing before a given power play and into the shift after the second unit's possible turn likely motivates leaving him to greatly improve what the second bunch would otherwise be cumulatively. coaching.

Your rating system doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: Mantis

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
So Grzelcyk gets the #1 PP unit with Pasta and Marchand, Bergeron?

I'm thinking of adding him over Giordano in my hockey pool.

thoughts?

I have Pasta and Marchand

Edit: think he was on the 2nd PP at practice...

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
So Grzelcyk gets the #1 PP unit with Pasta and Marchand, Bergeron?

I'm thinking of adding him over Giordano in my hockey pool.

thoughts?

I have Pasta and Marchand

Edit: think he was on the 2nd PP at practice...

Hard to say because some reports have Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Ritchie and Krejci on the #1 unit, these forwards have played together on the PP this year.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I like Smith with Krejci but if there planning on putting studnicka back when he's healthy then they should put him with Coyle now and plug in Bjork on the second line for now. Let the Coyle line build chemistry together

Thinking Studnicka will be extra forward for a bit until someone falters...

Reactions: HustleB

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
"For the speed Jake brings to the table, there’s no reason why Jake can’t kill penalties," B's general manager Don Sweeney said.
Keep him with Coyle and Bjork. Push his pace. The PP is clicking right now with Ritchie, so make it known we need him to step it up in other areas to help the team. When he uses his legs and hunts pucks is when he is at his best. And throw him out on the kill with Kuraly, speed on speed.

DeBrusk doesn't strike me as a PK guy

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I really can't relate to the Clifton over Gryz people on this board. Gryz is a legit top 4 D. Clifton is fun but not very good and playing on his off side. He did have a pretty good game the other night but that was on the back of some really bad hockey. I just don't understand.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Does Rask really have below a .900 save percentage? Has he played a lot worse than I thought? Been thinking he's pretty good despite the Washington game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Feels good to have a PGT. Hope the game gets played as I read in another thread a Flyer was out due to Covid, and the B's just played them twice.

Usually when a team is on a winning streak an unexpected break isn't good. However the B's were trailing in the third in each of the last 4, plus Coyle and Grizz can use the rest.

On paper the B's should be fine against the Rangers; but we all remember how that worked out against lowly Detroit last year.;)
B's need to take every game seriously .

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Does Rask really have below a .900 save percentage? Has he played a lot worse than I thought? Been thinking he's pretty good despite the Washington game.
He has 3 games with less then a 900 save percentage. 1 game vs the Caps with 4 goals on 23 shots. 4 goals vs Philly on 26 shots and 3 goals vs Philly on 26 shots. Somehow he won two of those games and got no decision in the game vs the Caps event hough we lost in overtime.

To me they are just outliers but in small samples 3 outliers is just less then half his games. To me I have had complete confidence in our goaltending except for the game when Rask appeared to be injured. He's bounced back since then.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I would love to see a few shifts of Ritchie-Krejci-Frederic if Bjork doesn't look good.
I'd say someone will be bust tonight with Claude's son running around like usual. Be nice to see Ritchie get the mitts off for the first time this season.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Boston just doesnt allow a lot of shots. In fact if you look at goalies per 60 this year from least to most shots....

Halak - 2nd fewest
Rask - 4th fewest

This does include me removing goalies with only 1 game so far (but that was only two guys.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad