Goal-Day Thread Game 11: Ottawa Senators @ Arizona Coyotes | 7pm | FS-A

After the game will the Coyotes be over .500 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I was reading the game sheet and realized that Lyubishkin and OEL have the same height and weight. I thought that Lyubishkin was at least a 225 lb guy the way he throws those hits.

Reactions: Mosby

Horpo2882

Oct 28, 2017
Kconn has been playing 19 minutes, Bushkin less than 13. Kconn is +8, double the next best on the team. There's a large discrepency between the two.

I don't think the occasional crease clear is worth taking the guy that can't move the puck up the ice or join the play. And he's nowhere near Hjalmarsson levels of smart in his own zone. It's just not a good tradeoff.

Sometimes I think the yotes organization could cure cancer tomorrow and youd still find a way to bitch about it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Sometimes I think the yotes organization could cure cancer tomorrow and youd still find a way to ***** about it.

I was discussing the merits of having a SAH type vs a puck mover with a poster I respect. If I remember right, you're the dude that threw a hissy fit about any and all criticism directed towards the players earlier in the year. I was told you were ducking out. Plans change?

'Bushkin threw some good hits and had some good scrums but he also got pinned several times and even stripped for a quality chance. I don't see how he plays over KConn or Chychrun consistently. I would definitely not put him in against a team like Carolina.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

I think baby Jesus was still in the manger.

Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Coyotes laid down their sweet head.
The stars in the sky looked down where they lay,
The little Coyotes above .500 today.

The NHL are lowing, the Coyotes awake,
But the little Coyotes, no losing they make.
I love thee, Coyotes, look down from the sky,
And stay above .500 'til morning is nigh.

Please stay above .500, I ask you to stay,
Close to it forever, and win games, I pray.
Bless all the dear players in Gary's sweet care,
And take us to the playoffs, to win some games there.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Coyotes laid down their sweet head.
The stars in the sky looked down where they lay,
The little Coyotes above .500 today.

The NHL are lowing, the Coyotes awake,
But the little Coyotes, no losing they make.
I love thee, Coyotes, look down from the sky,
And stay above .500 'til morning is nigh.

Please stay above .500, I ask you to stay,
Close to it forever, and win games, I pray.
Bless all the dear players in Gary's sweet care,
And take us to the playoffs, to win some games there.

epic!

Close it down, pack it up...HF Boards and the interwebz have been defeated.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

I think baby Jesus was still in the manger.

Coyotes were 5-5-1 on October 30th 2015. Finished 35-39-8 and drafted Keller & Chychrun that summer.

edit: that was the hot start year with the Killer Ds, feels like so long ago. OEL lead the team in scoring.

Last edited:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Just finished watching the recording. Some thoughts:

- Hinostroza has an eerily similar playing style to Max Domi's. Fast, elusive, confident. Would make trading him away (and Max's current ppg production) an easier blow. Love what I'm seeing from him so far.

- Speaking of ppg production, nice to see Gally get on the board. 4 pts in 4 games. Could've had 3 more points tonight if it weren't for bouncing pucks.

- Oesterle looks great. Very underrated part of that trade

- Love Keller's chemistry with Galchenyuk, especially with Gally in the middle.

- Ottawa looks to have a gem in Forementon

- No real complaints with anyone, team looked good these last few games. Hope it continues, nice to have a winning record.

Last edited:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well boys and girls..... I think it’s time for an avatar switch. After 3+ years of the Coyotes making me crying jordan myself, it’s time for something happy.

Taking suggestions :D

Reactions: Peanut

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Jordan Peele Sweating 31102018113330.jpg

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
So this is what it is like to watch a fun, entertaining - fairly good hockey team. Our last 5 wins = 4-1, 4-1, 4-1, 7-1 and 5-1.
When is the last time we have won 5 games by over two goals. I don't remember a season where we have won games going away. The last three games with the other team not even pulling their goalie.

Gally looks good. He and Keller finding chemistry. But whats most surprising to me is his 200 foot game. He looks really good on the back check. Lots of hustle.

Glad Strome was back in and playing center. Cousins works hard but there is no way he should play center over Strome. Cousins holds onto the puck way too much. Nice not having Kempe or Archibald in the lineup. Nice goal by Panik but I am not sold on him as a winger on the first line.

Really like the way the defense and the forwards are playing team defense. Raanta is a stud.

Tocchet has the team playing loose and with confidence. There will be some tougher tests down the road but I am really enjoying this for the moment.

Crazy stuff with the waived off goal, goalie interference and then another review. Looked like interference. Must be the Halloween effect!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well boys and girls..... I think it’s time for an avatar switch. After 3+ years of the Coyotes making me crying jordan myself, it’s time for something happy.

Laughing Jordan.

Reactions: CC96

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Everyone looked great. My only complaint is that I have nothing to complain about. Damnit!
The OEL Demers pairing got caught being too aggressive and gave up a few rushes, rant away! :sarcasm:

That was a great game. The Mighty Bushkin really throws his weight around, and when he makes quick decisions with the puck isn't too bad with it. He still seems to have the occasional problem retrieving the puck quickly on dump ins. Chucky starting to heat up is great to see.

Now for Chychrun to arise and bring us to the next level! ARISE! ARISE! The battle for that 6th spot on the blue line is going to be interesting. The Mighty Bushkin is behind Oesterle and kconn IMO, but those two are pretty close.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

jordan_1992_shrug.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hereby declare this October a success for the Coyotes.
I believe it was a success. They are now more in line with what I expected. A competitive non-playoff team. That’s okay with me. If you have playoff hopes, they’re still a long shot - historically, 9 out of 10 teams in a playoff spot in November 1st, end up in the playoffs. We are currently not in a playoff spot. So we’re a bit of a long shot.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Terrific 20 minutes. Strome isn’t irrelevant out there. He was sound and won his face offs. That’s good to see. Still slow.

Gally’s goal was highlight quality.
Strome is not a speed demon, but he is not slow. You guys keep on saying this. He looks slow when he floats. He should watch and get involved like Chucky. I'm also happy with the play of Chucky at C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad