Goal-Day Thread Game 11: Ottawa Senators @ Arizona Coyotes | 7pm | FS-A

After the game will the Coyotes be over .500 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I believe it was a success. They are now more in line with what I expected. A competitive non-playoff team. That’s okay with me. If you have playoff hopes, they’re still a long shot - historically, 9 out of 10 teams in a playoff spot in November 1st, end up in the playoffs. We are currently not in a playoff spot. So we’re a bit of a long shot.
No we are not. #1 in GAA, we make the playoffs easily. Its still a long season though, so we will see.

Reactions: Name Nameless

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I believe it was a success. They are now more in line with what I expected. A competitive non-playoff team. That’s okay with me. If you have playoff hopes, they’re still a long shot - historically, 9 out of 10 teams in a playoff spot in November 1st, end up in the playoffs. We are currently not in a playoff spot. So we’re a bit of a long shot.

But we have only played 11 games in October. The Pacific leaders have played more than 11 games. Calgary (15 pts) and Vancouver (14 pts) have both played 13 games. The uneven amount of played games makes it hard to know exactly where you stand. I believe you have suggested basing standings off of points percentage. I think we'll know what we have after November.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Cousins is a pretty good possession player on wing and Strome knows Crouse.
Strome was ok this game, not much impact either way. He was probably our least effective forward last night. I hope he is in next game and makes an impact, a few checks, steal a puck like Keller, an assist, something.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
But we have only played 11 games in October. The Pacific leaders have played more than 11 games. Calgary (15 pts) and Vancouver (14 pts) have both played 13 games. The uneven amount of played games makes it hard to know exactly where you stand. I believe you have suggested basing standings off of points percentage. I think we'll know what we have after November.

Try dropyourgloves, where they rank based on over/under .500.

NHL standings at the end of play on Wednesday, October 31, 2018

This makes the Yotes sit, with the Canucks, 1 point out of play-off, but only 1 point. And that's two teams 1 point ahead. Division leader is just 2 points ahead -adjusted for games played.

This surely looks like a play-off team to me, if this play can -at least nearly- be held up. It was just a bad start with bad puck luck.

Everything is fine now!:nod:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Good point. Can’t sort by P% in the standing page though. Only the stats page. I’d figure it out but I’m too lazy to do it without Excel. When I get to my computer next, I’ll see. :)

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We have 8 decent D men and that will help keep our GAA down when we have injuries, like we do now. I think Kconn has been pretty good this year too, Tocc has been using him more in key defensive situations.

Goligoski has been awake for a few games now. Better he take six or seven games to pull his head out of his ass, rather than taking 20. Even Demers has been mostly solid. He’s had some blunders and head scratchers but has done enough to make up for them. He seems to be settling in to the season finally. These two really need to have better summers. I think both will have good Novembers.

With Chychrun back, we’ll have astounding depth of defense.

Connauton, Oesterle, and Lyubushkin is a fantastic 6,7,8 D group.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Try dropyourgloves, where they rank based on over/under .500.

NHL standings at the end of play on Wednesday, October 31, 2018

This makes the Yotes sit, with the Canucks, 1 point out of play-off, but only 1 point. And that's two teams 1 point ahead. Division leader is just 2 points ahead -adjusted for games played.

This surely looks like a play-off team to me, if this play can -at least nearly- be held up. It was just a bad start with bad puck luck.

Everything is fine now!:nod:

Wildcard fight is going to be nasty. Central has five playoff potential teams so they could sweep the wildcard spots.

I think there are a lot of pretenders in the Pacific right now like Calgary and Vancouver who will slip but might still fight for a wildcard. But that also means top 3 spots are up for grabs. I only see San Jose as a guarantee. Vegas should be better and Edmonton could put it together but it could go anyway.

I can see the central scooping both wildcard spots but Arizona landing in the top 3 if injuries don't derail them.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Wildcard fight is going to be nasty. Central has five playoff potential teams so they could sweep the wildcard spots.

I think there are a lot of pretenders in the Pacific right now like Calgary and Vancouver who will slip but might still fight for a wildcard. But that also means top 3 spots are up for grabs. I only see San Jose as a guarantee. Vegas should be better and Edmonton could put it together but it could go anyway.

I can see the central scooping both wildcard spots but Arizona landing in the top 3 if injuries don't derail them.

As of today, winning the Pacifc would give Winnipeg Jets as opponent in the first round. Unless I am wrong about something again.

Winning the Pacific is just plain stupid...

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I really enjoy watching that third line of ours. Hinostroza is such a fun player to watch and Richy and Grabs have been outstanding this year. They were very deserving of the start last night. Its going to be a fun season :popcorn:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
A hissy fit? I said yall were crazy for crying like little *****es the first game of the year lmao. You can have all the opinions you want. Freedom and all that. Plans change all right, but at least im not some bitter **** that sits here day in and day out to ***** about the smallest things possible. All I ever see from you is nitpicking and crying like a teen.
So why not go where you're happier, unless your chosen form of happiness is to bitch on the people who post here on a regular basis?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome was ok this game, not much impact either way. He was probably our least effective forward last night. I hope he is in next game and makes an impact, a few checks, steal a puck like Keller, an assist, something.
I liked the line up last night. Every line has talent and that allows RT to roll four lines. Strome was fine and I had no problem with his wingers, but he has to get more involved, like Chucky. Perlini I thought was one of our least effective forward last night and his ice time reflected that. Perlini has the same consistency problem as Strome, but they are both getting better, and hopefully playing in more games and gaining experience and confidence will help.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

RufusG

May 23, 2017
Only two teams in the Pacific with a positive goal differential and we're the best by 5.

Horpo2882

Oct 28, 2017
Who said im not happy. Im a pretty happy person. Is it a requirement to hate yourself, your team and the fans of your team to post here? Didnt think that was in rules. Didnt think be silent and dont disagree with the regulars was a rule either. The snowflake zone. Disagreements dont mean unhappiness, but I guess thats the way of the world now.

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Coyotes are enjoying some puck luck right now for a change. The Coyotes fan in me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, though, so I'm having a hard time enjoying it the way I should.

Raanta is amazing.

Lyubushkin is a great #7D. Wouldn't want to see him every game but I like his sand.

Galchenyuk is a magician and I think we should enjoy the hell out of him until his contract is up at the end of next year and he goes elsewhere to get paid.

Grabner has been an enormous add for this team. I was skeptical and remain so about his finishing ability but I don't mind at all if he plays so solidly defensively.

The feeling I get from our back end this year reminds me a lot of the 2011-2012 team's defense. Take that for what you will.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

I agree with this. Pacific is wide open. Wildcards will be jammed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
5.9 seconds and you need a faceoff win, may as well dial Strome there Tocchet.
Most times I agree, but Stepan was killing it in the dot last night so I was fine with RT's decision. In fact, I bet last night was Stepan's best game in the dot as a Coyote.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
As of today, winning the Pacifc would give Winnipeg Jets as opponent in the first round. Unless I am wrong about something again.

Winning the Pacific is just plain stupid...

Oh man, idk if I am the only one but a Yotes vs Jets series would be fun. IF the Yotes want to make noise in the playoffs, I wouldn't mind taking a big test off the bat and who better than the Jets?! Would be a hard series but if you wanna be the best you gotta be able to beat them all.

Alas, I'll throw that thought aside for now. Let's just hope the Yotes can keep playing well and later in the season we can revisit this idea ;)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We are currently not in a playoff spot. So we’re a bit of a long shot.

Correct, but after the first five games who thought we would be this close at the end of October?

287d8bs.png

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyotes are enjoying some puck luck right now for a change. The Coyotes fan in me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, though, so I'm having a hard time enjoying it the way I should.

Raanta is amazing.

Lyubushkin is a great #7D. Wouldn't want to see him every game but I like his sand.

Galchenyuk is a magician and I think we should enjoy the hell out of him until his contract is up at the end of next year and he goes elsewhere to get paid.

Grabner has been an enormous add for this team. I was skeptical and remain so about his finishing ability but I don't mind at all if he plays so solidly defensively.

The feeling I get from our back end this year reminds me a lot of the 2011-2012 team's defense. Take that for what you will.
Great perspective. Things are going the Coyotes way (including the schedule) right now. It will get tougher, 10 of the 13 in November are against playoff teams from last year.....including a road B2B with Pittsburgh/Washington. Another .500 or so month would be a great outcome. Late Dec and Jan/Feb bring a lot of divisional games...that's when it will really get fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad