The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Bring on the figLeafs!!!!
Screenshot_20221104-132655~2.png

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Definitely would not consider that a cheap shot whatsoever. Bruce more than warranted the criticism the last few seasons and it was more than time to see him out. It was a largely painful product to watch in addition to his style of blaming others. I said it all too often here. I do agree with the first half of your post.

Sweeney has plenty to be criticized for but he may be trending up again with the Lindholm trade (we knew that was a win the day it happened) and hiring Montgomery was just as impactful.
Sweeney also didn’t trade DeBrusk for peanuts like many folks were willing to do…also the Ulmark and Foligno signings are both looking pretty good right now. I think it’s fair to credit him for the team…..he’s be getting crucified here by many if the team was floundering.

Reactions: duffy and Alan Ryan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
sometimes you forget Sweeney/Gold have to throw Providence in to the equation or to a lesser extent, Portland/Maine... it's the nature of the business side of it ie Miller....

now the team as presently constructed sounds an awful lot like how Vegas was hyped their inaugural season and everything McPhee did worked... same as to what we're seeing from Monty.... Seattle did we really know what they are yet and you get on this roll where it's almost invincible like no matter what moves or who's there it's working... did anybody think Vegas was going to the SCF less than a year into theie existence as an NHL Market, nevermind as a hockey market.

this is almost like an expansion team scenario, not an O-6 team that just passed 98 seasons of existence.... enjoy the run.... while it lasts.... it's rarified territory we're in as a fanbase and an organization.

:huh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bergy's already had a maintenance day or two which is unusual for the time of the season, plus with the team playing so well Monty can limit his minutes. This should help Bergy stay healthy & sharp.

What happened :dunno: :scared:
Monty meant taking games off not just practices.
Bring on the figLeafs!!!!
View attachment 603388
Leafs be coming hard better be ready .Can't take em lightly.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm still bullshit over what management did this afternoon.
What bothers me is could have had DeAngelo and he was main reason they lost vs Canes in my mind he was a horse that series.So that was fine I understood Boston did not want no baggage.Heck History is proof with McTavish with Oilers .Would like to know why now and why this kid a former 4th rd pick. Pretty bad things he did.Anyhow that's my 2 cents trying to avoid this subject it's very dicey .

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The kid sounds like bad news but I don't know enough about it. He was 14 when the incident happened? Who knows. It was horrible. Mob bad behavior? From what little I know I would have rather he was signed elsewhere but they did not ask me. Hateful behavior runs wild now, and it is terrible and sad.

I certainly don't feel he has anything to do with the Bs we have been cheering for.

GO Bs

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Cassidy liked to ride 'em into the ground. IMO he wore them out and by the end of the season, the top 6 would be pretty depleted. Great job so far by Monty.
That's it right there. As the years wore on, he relied on his top stars to carry the load during the regular season and stopped trusting the bottom of the roster to follow his system. It worked to win a ton of games in the regular season, but you need all 18 skaters come playoff time. Negative reinforcement works in short bursts, but over time it just builds resentment and doubt and frustration.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The kid sounds like bad news but I don't know enough about it. He was 14 when the incident happened? Who knows. It was horrible. Mob bad behavior? From what little I know I would have rather he was signed elsewhere but they did not ask me. Hateful behavior runs wild now, and it is terrible and sad.

I certainly don't feel he has anything to do with the Bs we have been cheering for.

GO Bs

It speaks volumes that posters don't have the stones to pile on to you. I admire that. Reputation well earned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad