Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - BRUINS now 10-1 as they beat NYR 5-2

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Lindgren isn’t Tom Wilson and if he was still a Bruin, he’d be one of the most popular players on this roster. That hit on Pastrnak is exactly what you WANT your defensemen to do when the opportunity presents itself. Lindgren is what many want Brandon Carlo to become…

The Pasta hit was late and it was retaliatory. He did his 2 minutes and play continued. Exactly as it should have. That’s hockey, folks. Not sure why this is such a big deal…
Don't get me wrong. I love Lindgren's style of play and dearly wish he was on B's. Only reason I mentioned Wilson was that people rightly are alert when he's on the ice. Just saying that after Lindgren laid two good, clean hits on Bergie and Pasta he probably should have been expecting something coming his way. A you say, "that's hockey folks".

I do not disagree with a word you say. And I don't think it's a big deal at all -- or even any deal of any kind.

Outside of it's a bummer that Lindgren got hurt. Still I'm thrilled Pasta retaliated because that's how you get room on the ice.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pasta's game has changed. He gets nailed often (because he is SO good) but he is hitting back much more than he used to.
Big time. He is playing more like peak Ovi under Trotz. More dedicated to the 200 foot game. His passing is the best I've ever seen it. Making some really good hits in spots. Not saying Pasta will ever be a Mack truck like Ovi, but he is definitely gravitating toward embracing physicality when need be. I just hope he picks his spots wisely. Ovi is a marked man, but his body allows him to take a lot of abuse. Not so sure about Pasta.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
In regards to the officiating. They probably got tired of the Bruins (until this year) looking to them to exact retribution for the other team's fouls on them.
This year, so far, the B's answer with goals and are pro-active with physicality.
The Bruins ARE the hammer instead of the nail.

Lindgren isn’t Tom Wilson and if he was still a Bruin, he’d be one of the most popular players on this roster. That hit on Pastrnak is exactly what you WANT your defensemen to do when the opportunity presents itself. Lindgren is what many want Brandon Carlo to become…

The Pasta hit was late and it was retaliatory. He did his 2 minutes and play continued. Exactly as it should have. That’s hockey, folks. Not sure why this is such a big deal…
Umm, because you're making it one.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I am out of ways to say how blown away I am by this team right now. Leaving 2011 aside for a second, THIS is the Bruins team I always asked Santa for.

Three thoughts/questions...

1. David Pastranak's goal... unbelievable. Just unbelievable. I love his talent and his love for the game.
Attention Don Sweeney:

2. What has gotten into Charlie Coyle??? Seriously, what button is being pushed this year that hasn’t been before? I know it’s unlikely he will stay this hot, but he’s off the chain!

3. I love the fight and aggressiveness. It’s very possible that the Bruins might not keep scoring at this rate for the whole season, but there is no reason they can’t maintain the aggressive state of mind for the rest of the year.

Tomorrow’s game is MUST SEE.

Can’t wait.

Charlie Coyle is finally 100% healthy, his linemates have been good & like his teammates he loves playing for Monty. That's it, that's the explanation. :)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I heard Monty mention load management with players like Foligno already so I am sure Bergeron etc will get a break here & there to .

Bergy's already had a maintenance day or two which is unusual for the time of the season, plus with the team playing so well Monty can limit his minutes. This should help Bergy stay healthy & sharp.

Well they've gone and destroyed the season. Was fun while it lasted

What happened :dunno: :scared:

Reactions: rfournier103

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bergy's already had a maintenance day or two which is unusual for the time of the season, plus with the team playing so well Monty can limit his minutes. This should help Bergy stay healthy & sharp.

What happened :dunno: :scared:

Can you give us just a little more info…?
Thei latest prospect signing. They will never get talked about positively again after today.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
ESPN Power Rankings today

zzb.png

NHL Power Rankings: A new No. 1, plus the player who must step up for every team

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Maybe I’m overreacting but as high as I was on this start and this season in general, I’m now sick to my stomach. Whatever.

If the leafs win tomorrow, whatever. If the Bruins win, whatever.

Just sick.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Maybe I’m overreacting but as high as I was on this start and this season in general, I’m now sick to my stomach. Whatever.

Just sick.
I feel the same but I then remember that leadership voiced their concerns so I am ok with rooting the team on but anything from the GM up, that is a different story

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Just sick.
I for one am a fan of the team and the players, not the GM and their poor decisions. Wholeheartedly cheering on the players who also reportedly are not pleased.

Reactions: Alicat

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I feel the same but I then remember that leadership voiced their concerns so I am ok with rooting the team on but anything from the GM up, that is a different story
sometimes you forget Sweeney/Gold have to throw Providence in to the equation or to a lesser extent, Portland/Maine... it's the nature of the business side of it ie Miller....

now the team as presently constructed sounds an awful lot like how Vegas was hyped their inaugural season and everything McPhee did worked... same as to what we're seeing from Monty.... Seattle did we really know what they are yet and you get on this roll where it's almost invincible like no matter what moves or who's there it's working... did anybody think Vegas was going to the SCF less than a year into theie existence as an NHL Market, nevermind as a hockey market.

this is almost like an expansion team scenario, not an O-6 team that just passed 98 seasons of existence.... enjoy the run.... while it lasts.... it's rarified territory we're in as a fanbase and an organization.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
sometimes you forget Sweeney/Gold have to throw Providence in to the equation or to a lesser extent, Portland/Maine... it's the nature of the business side of it ie Miller....

now the team as presently constructed sounds an awful lot like how Vegas was hyped their inaugural season and everything McPhee did worked... same as to what we're seeing from Monty.... Seattle did we really know what they are yet and you get on this roll where it's almost invincible like no matter what moves or who's there it's working... did anybody think Vegas was going to the SCF less than a year into theie existence as an NHL Market, nevermind as a hockey market.

this is almost like an expansion team scenario, not an O-6 team that just passed 98 seasons of existence.... enjoy the run.... while it lasts.... it's rarified territory we're in as a fanbase and an organization.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad