Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - BRUINS now 10-1 as they beat NYR 5-2

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Had some time to kill between meetings so I took everyone's production thus far and paced it out assuming they all played the remainder of the games this season. Obviously that won't happen as you can't ice 22 skaters and Forbort is now out for a bit, but still interesting to see some of these paces guys are playing at

View attachment 603261
Bruins are 1st in goals / game. They are 1st in PK .5th in goals against/ game. Scoring chances for % 18th and high danger scoring chances for % 13th.Corsi for % 10th.Powerplay 10th..Best I seen Bruins scoring goals in years.They are dangerous this season.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Had some time to kill between meetings so I took everyone's production thus far and paced it out assuming they all played the remainder of the games this season. Obviously that won't happen as you can't ice 22 skaters and Forbort is now out for a bit, but still interesting to see some of these paces guys are playing at

View attachment 603261
Many will slow the pace but if the tier of Coyle/Foligno/Zacha can maintain it, this record continues.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Hopefully the Board wont melt down when this team hits a rough patch. Enjoying the ride with this team love the scoring from everyone and they are no Longer Soft IMO. Boy was i wrong about Foligno maybe he play the role of Recchi during our Cup Run?
I'm eating crow on Nick to.Imagine how Leaf brass & fans feel watching him after paying a 1st rd pick 😆 .Yup every team has a patch over 82 but if they can get healthy with their depth they can come out of it quicker then most I would imagine .Bruins goalies can steal games to but anyhow what a start glad I'm alive to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Hopefully the Board wont melt down when this team hits a rough patch. Enjoying the ride with this team love the scoring from everyone and they are no Longer Soft IMO. Boy was i wrong about Foligno maybe he play the role of Recchi during our Cup Run?
I can’t speak for anyone else, but what has me amped and excited about this team is the WAY they’re playing. This is a style of hockey that I have never seen from the Bruins for any extended period of time. Ever. Like I said a few days ago, I’d rather see the Bruins carried out on their shield after a 7-6 loss than drop a 2-1 snoozefest. Losses happen, but at least I’ll feel like they COULD have won rather than wonder why they could muster only one stinking goal.

The Bruins are playing with huevos and they are fun to watch. This is great stuff here. I’m soaking in as much as I can.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

View attachment 603261
Obviously they won't all keep these paces but 97 point pace by lindholm is incredible and 37 goal pace by Coyle/52 point pace by Foligno also stood out.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I notice that Butch isn't doing too bad at Vegas. I also remember the BRUINS accumulated 107 points last season with Butch as coach. Personally, I liked Cassidy and in his 6 years as head coach the BRUINS reached the PO's 6 times.
Perhaps some of us can just wish Cassidy the best and quit taking cheap shots at him.

im not sure you understand what a cheap shot is

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I notice that Butch isn't doing too bad at Vegas. I also remember the BRUINS accumulated 107 points last season with Butch as coach. Personally, I liked Cassidy and in his 6 years as head coach the BRUINS reached the PO's 6 times.
Perhaps some of us can just wish Cassidy the best and quit taking cheap shots at him.
Definitely would not consider that a cheap shot whatsoever. Bruce more than warranted the criticism the last few seasons and it was more than time to see him out. It was a largely painful product to watch in addition to his style of blaming others. I said it all too often here. I do agree with the first half of your post.

Sweeney has plenty to be criticized for but he may be trending up again with the Lindholm trade (we knew that was a win the day it happened) and hiring Montgomery was just as impactful.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I'm not sure management based their decision on what the fans thought of Cassidy. I'm sure they cared far more about the feedback from the players and staff, and by all accounts of people I respect both here and in the general public, Cassidy was strongly disliked, if not outright hated by the majority of people in that group.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I listened to them call the game because I do not get ESPN+ and my laptop doesn't like streaming of the game. The guys who call the game are good and the Sat morning hockey show is also good.

The post-game and anything else to do with hockey is about as poor as it can be. Those guys hate hockey and do not understand the game. The only ones who listen are pink hats
Totally agree Susan. The only time I put 98,5 (on) is when I'm driving. I don't want to pay for Satellite radio but I realize eventually I will. In the meantime, when I have absolutely nothing else to listen to, nobody that I feel like calling on the phone, I put it on and
get thoroughly disappointed each and every time.
Between the constant football talk, the commercials, the boys droning on and on about anything that has nothing to do with hockey or the Bruins, and then when they do TRY to talk about the B's they imply embarrass themselves.
Pathetic coverage here in the "Hub of Hockey."

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'm not sure management based their decision on what the fans thought of Cassidy. I'm sure they cared far more about the feedback from the players and staff, and by all accounts of people I respect both here and in the general public, Cassidy was strongly disliked, if not outright hated by the majority of people in that group.
I think the early exits in the playoffs lately was also a reason,now whether it was his fault or just the make up off the team is up for debate.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Totally agree Susan. The only time I put 98,5 (on) is when I'm driving. I don't want to pay for Satellite radio but I realize eventually I will. In the meantime, when I have absolutely nothing else to listen to, nobody that I feel like calling on the phone, I put it on and
get thoroughly disappointed each and every time.
Between the constant football talk, the commercials, the boys droning on and on about anything that has nothing to do with hockey or the Bruins, and then when they do TRY to talk about the B's they imply embarrass themselves.
Pathetic coverage here in the "Hub of Hockey."
The call of the games is good and the Sat morning show too.

That is it.

Last edited:

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
When you hear the rumors that Bergeron 😳 had issues with his coaching style you knew it wasn’t going to end well for him. I think it was the calling out of players to the damn media. Keep it in the locker room. The media in Boston sucks this board knows more about hockey than they do. If Cassidy thought that was motivation he was obviously mistaken.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yup. Unfortunate that Lindgren was hurt on the play but I’ll kill that penalty any day of the week. Love to see him sticking up for himself.

I’d be pissed off if Lindgren hit Pasta like that, sure, but that’s hockey. As long as he doesn’t get out of control and makes the 2 minutes worth it, I’m fine with that. No reason why we can’t retaliate physically and on the scoreboard.
I wasn't very happy with the hit to Pasta that started it. Nobody seems to have a problem with it but he went backward into the boards. THAT could've ended his night right there and then. No mercy, and no sympathy for Lindgren who's been abusing our stars i.e. Bergeron and Pasta since he was traded there. Live by the sword....

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The officials probably didn't know what to do.....lol Two fights, OMG, how do we handle this?
A big stick tap for the refs and linesmen last night. They called the obvious stuff and let a ton of minor stuff slide on both sides. I've become so used to micromanagment that there were quite a few instances last night that I was looking for an arm to go up, but they usually didn't. They let the players determine the outcome of the game. They also let the two fights happen without breaking them up early. Waited for the players to end things. I wish more games were reffed like the one last night. Makes for more entertaining hockey.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Be smart to give them days here there during tough stretch like say trip West in February as example..That's a hard flight on anyone let alone land and play hockey at his age.And I never looked at it close but bet that is 3 in 4 days
Cassidy liked to ride 'em into the ground. IMO he wore them out and by the end of the season, the top 6 would be pretty depleted. Great job so far by Monty.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00