PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - NY RANGERS

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
NYR are a very good team with a lot of balance. Well coached too. A tribute to how well the Bs are playing to go into the NYR barn and pull out a 5-2 win.

Players of the game for me are Foligno and Lindholm. Those dudes brought it big time. Lindholm particularly was simply amazing. Made some key plays in both ends, and provided rock solid D against dynamic offensive players. His start to the season is pretty damn special. Like, really special. He's doing a ton more than what shows up in the stats.

Hall low-key was quite good. His effort level in the dirty areas was excellent. Coyle was strong too. I was hoping he would use his strength more this season. Seems to be doing it. Dude is strong as an ox and needs to use that as more of a weapon.

Come to think of it, I could go through most of the lineup and say very positive things about Bs who contributed. Another total team effort. Love seeing the boys bring the physical. Simultaneous fights, Carlo knocking dudes around near the crease, Pasta putting a noted tough guy out of the game. Thank you, Monty.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Can't quite call it a perfect team but they are close! Lindholm and McAvoy. The forward depth.

Willingness to respond and HIT.

Pastrnak set the tone early with his penalty and push back.

Stralman and Reilly will need to be replaced. A shame Stralman is disappointing.

Lindholm is a Bergeron on defense. Every play is the correct play.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I've had this feeling for awhile and Fliggy said it tangentially, they're doing this for their captain. They want to send Bergy out with another Cup, just like Bergy did for Rex. They're going to pile up as many wins as possible until at least Thanksgiving, maybe Christmas, then let up a bit on the gas after the holidays to save their strength for a good run going into the playoffs. Just a hunch, but the enthusiasm, resilience, and determination we're seeing is new, and 180 degrees from last season.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I think we are all running out of superlatives when it comes to our Bruins. To do it with so many injuries is a testament to Monty and the team. Hopefully Sweeney brings us more good news soon with a Pastrnak signing. Zacha just may be a viable replacement for Krejci if he retires, so many positives so far.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm not as versed on the salary cap as others, but looking at the contracts of Darnell Nurse and Seth Jones, how did the B's manage to lock up Hampus Lindholm at that price? Absolutely incredible deal, and he not only can hit the empty net, he can do it from distance.

Amazing they put up five on Shesterkin, but credit the coach/team/whoever for realizing pumping 40+ shots into his logo would lead to futility. They were making him move laterally, and surprising him (Pastrnak) and were rewarded.

Both Greer and Frederic did surprisingly well in their fights. I remember Greer fighting Allison on the Flyers in pre-season to impress the coach; but this one tonight I thought was unnecessary. Greer did avoid an even-up retaliatory penalty late in the game, which was good.

Way early in the season, but at some point the discussion may be had about actually extending Foligno another year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad