GDT: Game # 10 | Sens @ Wings | please just winnnnnnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
A team with Zetterberg and Howie/Mrazek tandem could be at the bottom if we lose and Buffalo wins.

How is that possible?

Actual Thought*

I wonder why the roster got better but the team is so much worse than last year? If only you could pinpoint what changed...

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I wonder why the roster got better but the team is so much worse than last year? If only you could pinpoint what changed...

Nothing significant changed. This team was mediocre last year and bad when Datsyuk didn't play. Adding Green and a washed up Brad Richards doesn't change that.

Maybe you should ask the GM how he let it get to this point, or is Ken Holland still the best GM in hockey with his "rebuild on the fly?" lol

Meanwhile Babcock is the head coach of a team with four points.

Last edited:

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Nothing significant changed. This team was mediocre last year and bad when Datsyuk didn't play. Adding Green and a washed up Brad Richards doesn't change that.

Maybe you should ask the GM how he let it get to this point.

We should all hope they continue to be this bad so changes can finally be made. Sick of watching this garbage year after year.

Actual Thought*

Nothing significant changed. This team was mediocre last year and bad when Datsyuk didn't play.

Maybe you should ask the GM how he let it get to this point.

Oh Please... Last year they put up 100 points. This year they are on pace for around 72. They were nowhere near this bad with Pav and Z both injured. This team has been nowhere near this bad for DECADES.

Actual Thought*

They have been pretty mediocre the last 4-5 years.
I have watched them play some pretty entertaining playoff series the last 4-5 years. I like that much better than being out of it 20 games into the season.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Because Howard sucked in shootouts. So don't even.

If you can't see that Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Helm, KFQ, and DDK are all worse than last year, I don't know what to tell you. We were mediocre... now we flat out suck. There is a difference. :shakehead

Yeah because they don't have Datsyuk. Wings suck without him. This ain't new.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
This team is devoid of talent. A 37 year old center broken by injuries is our best player. This is one of the main reasons we suck. I also think going from Babcock to blashill is a huge regression.

Over the years we have lost talent on the team, good coaches/assistants, and good people in the front office. We have mostly failed to replace any of the losses.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
This team is devoid of talent. A 37 year old center broken by injuries is our best player. This is one of the main reasons we suck. I also think going from Babcock to blashill is a huge regression.

Over the years we have lost talent on the team, good coaches/assistants, and good people in the front office. We have mostly failed to replace any of the losses.

I disagree. We have talent in goal, and forwards, but with pathetic D. I question the motivation of many of the players on the team, the wings over the last 5 or so years just dont have the drive that other teams do, not consistently atleast. It probably has to do with Hollands over loyalty, there is rarely any roster trades, veterans play until they retire here, there is no atmosphere of "if you play the best, you play the most". It leads to motivation issues, and complacency.
I dont think the players fear Blashill like they did Babcock, I think thats a problem as well in terms of motivation. Blashill made a mistake in thinking he could open things up a bit with our crap D, they cant get the job done. Babcock knew he had a **** D core, thats why I realize why he played the team the way he did.

I would make some trades, tear into the guys that are underperforming, and Blash needs to Bag skate the players, to let them know whos in charge.
Even of kenny doesnt have the stones, or is too stingy to give up the assets for a guy like Shattenkirk(yes i know they are not inclined to trade him without a big return) or Big Buff, then part with some minor assets to get a guy like wideman. Neither he or green are first pairing guys, and we will never content without another first pairing guy, but with a guy like Wideman, we have two d pairs that could move the puck, 44 minutes combined or thereabouts of some decent D and puck possession. Holland needs to Man up, and make some changes. More heart, and drive is needed by the players. I would absolutely love it if they waived Anderson, and brought up AA. Guy has mad drive, and energy. Hed be an instant upgrade on joker.

Last edited:

Actual Thought*

We've played 20 games and are out of it already?

Not yet but if you are watching the same team I am then I don't see how you could predict any other outcome. They haven't improved at all and I don't see any reason to believe that they will. If anything I see frustration building with a group that isn't accustomed to getting throttled in every game.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We've played 20 games and are out of it already?

20 games would be around thanksgiving. So if were not 4 points from a wildcard spot, Then you should probably bet we don't make it. Of course if we are 5/7 Then I wouldn't be shocked if we had a hot streak and latch onto the 1st/2nd wildcard.

10 points out and I'm all on the fire holland/trashill train, Trade everybody!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I have watched them play some pretty entertaining playoff series the last 4-5 years. I like that much better than being out of it 20 games into the season.

I'd rather rebuild and get a stanley cup or two then suck for another 5/10 get another stanley cup or two etc

Then just sitting in the 1st or 2nd round and doing nothing for 100+ years

But if we can land a Duncan Keith in the draft then we could potentially keep the playoff streak going and win a cup.

Actual Thought*

I disagree. We have talent in goal, and forwards, but with pathetic D. I question the motivation of many of the players on the team, the wings over the last 5 or so years just dont have the drive that other teams do, not consistently atleast. It probably has to do with Hollands over loyalty, there is rarely any roster trades, veterans play until they retire here, there is no atmosphere of "if you play the best, you play the most". It leads to motivation issues, and complacency.
I dont think the players fear Blashill like they did Babcock, I think thats a problem as well in terms of motivation. Blashill made a mistake in thinking he could open things up a bit with our crap D, they cant get the job done. Babcock knew he had a **** D core, thats why I realize why he played the team the way he did.

I would make some trades, tear into the guys that are underperforming, and Blash needs to Bag skate the players, to let them know whos in charge.
Even of kenny doesnt have the stones, or is too stingy to give up the assets for a guy like Shattenkirk(yes i know they are not inclined to trade him without a big return) or Big Buff, then part with some minor assets to get a guy like wideman. Neither he or green are first pairing guys, and we will never content without another first pairing guy, but with a guy like Wideman, we have two d pairs that could move the puck, 44 minutes combined or thereabouts of some decent D and puck possession. Holland needs to Man up, and make some changes. More heart, and drive is needed by the players. I would absolutely love it if they waived Anderson, and brought up AA. Guy has mad drive, and energy. Hed be an instant upgrade on joker.
Frankly I don't think Blashill can "bag skate them and let them know who is in charge". If they choose to they can run him out of the league with no problem. He doesn't have any clout. If the players don't want to play for him they just stop playing for him. He will be unemployed pretty quick. A veteran coach might get away with it but not a rookie whose ideas have failed to produce wins. This team has plenty of heart and a lot of talent. They need leadership.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Its about time we sucked for a few years and get some good draft picks. Barely making the playoffs and losing in the first rd with no young franchise player is not fun. It doesn't help that our GM refuses to make a trade and just keeps the same lineup year after year to rot. For the sake of the Red Wings franchise, we need to miss the playoffs so Holland will attempt to do anything. Unfortunately, I don't think he's capable of making trades.

Actual Thought*

I'd rather rebuild and get a stanley cup or two then suck for another 5/10 get another stanley cup or two etc

Then just sitting in the 1st or 2nd round and doing nothing for 100+ years

But if we can land a Duncan Keith in the draft then we could potentially keep the playoff streak going and win a cup.

Do you honestly believe that if Duncan Keith were added to this team tomorrow that they would somehow become good? The answer is no. They have no structure, discipline, or cohesion. If Blashill can't get this roster above .500 then winning the lottery isn't going to help. This team is in free fall.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Its about time we sucked for a few years and get some good draft picks. Barely making the playoffs and losing in the first rd with no young franchise player is not fun. It doesn't help that our GM refuses to make a trade and just keeps the same lineup year after year to rot. For the sake of the Red Wings franchise, we need to miss the playoffs so Holland will attempt to do anything. Unfortunately, I don't think he's capable of making trades.

I think holland is done if we miss the playoffs. I think this was his last contract as a GM anyway.

would love to have him as a scout.

All in for Gm Lidstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad