Patrick Wiercioch|Cody Ceci

Jared Cowen|Mark Borowiecki

Starting Goaltender
Andrew Hammond

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Helm in the middle. Interesting. I hope that can spark him, he's been a ghost so far.

Sheahan between Tatar and Nyquist is one of those lines that look great at times but bad others. Hope it works out.

Pretty important games here against Ottawa. Not good if we fall behind too many teams in our division.

He really needed to be moved back to wing, 40% on the dot was pretty brutal.
Pretty small sample size (35 faceoffs), so winning only a couple could make the % jump a lot. I'm more concerned that both Z and Sheahan are well below 50% on 100+ faceoffs. Not good enough.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
On paper our Forward lines are pretty solid, just need to get rolling. Our D is what scares me looking at it lol. Really hoping they can get on track and start a winning streak!

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It got to the point where I didn't want him on the ice during a face off. I'm sure he will get better in due time, but for now, I like him on the wing.

I said this on another site but that's the single reason why I wouldn't be too upset if we sent him to GR once we got bodies back. We have two top9 centers out right now. Larkin just doesn't have a center job to compete for really and learning to do faceoffs in the NHL is rough for him and the team. We've seen how important they are to the game. In GR he could take a ton of draws and learn the game as a centerman. Bring him back after the TDL

Biggest problem with that I guess is that he's one of our consistently better forwards so far.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I said this on another site but that's the single reason why I wouldn't be too upset if we sent him to GR once we got bodies back. We have two top9 centers out right now. Larkin just doesn't have a center job to compete for really and learning to do faceoffs in the NHL is rough for him and the team. We've seen how important they are to the game. In GR he could take a ton of draws and learn the game as a centerman. Bring him back after the TDL

Biggest problem with that I guess is that he's one of our consistently better forwards so far.

Ya sending him down would be a tough pill to swallow that's for sure. I do think it will make him better on the dot, but I gotta think it would make team worse, not to mention Larkin's morale (NHL 16 anyone) especially if he is still point producing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

It sucks, but I bet this is a conversation going on internally right now.

Would like it if it pushed them towards moving a forward or two for a defenseman though. That would make the most sense, potentially.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

The only reason I think management should use to keep him up.

Guy can flat out play at the NHL level.

Aug 6, 2012

You would send down one of our best players because he's struggling a bit on faceoffs? The kid is excelling at the NHL level, he'll learn faceoffs over time... putting him in the AHL will do nothing but stunt his development everywhere else. He knows how to play the game as a center really well already.

Edit: Missed your bottom point... yeah that's a pretty big problem haha

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Larkin can work on faceoffs during practice and learn as he goes in the NHL. Faceoffs is not a good reason to send someone who's so good at everything else to the AHL.

Actual Thought*

At this point a win is overly ambitious. I would just ask that they don't get humiliated again in their own barn. Maybe keep the giveaways under a dozen and don't get out shot by 20? The schedule coming up is stacked full of losses. Let's try to just be competitive. Baby steps.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
That 2nd line needs to be more consistent. We've seen them be good, but they've been dreadfully invisible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad