GDT: Game # 10 | Sens @ Wings | please just winnnnnnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
So that's the only problem at the moment? One defenseman?

it is THE biggest problem yes

has been a fundemental issue for almost a decade

everything in hockey begins and ends from the blueline

fix that properly and everything gets resolved on its own

the backend is bad, very bad, and therefore every single other aspect of the game goes down hill

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
The majority of the team looks disinterested in competing. I can't pinpoint the problem. Maybe the players don't even truly know.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
really need a HUGE change in how D execute or system either of two

and that's an understatement

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Feels like we have 4 forwards most nights. Zetterberg and Larkin bring it every night. Nyquist and Pulkkinen come in waves. Other than that, the rest are invisible to bad. So disappointed in Tatar and Sheahan especially.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Maybe if Zetterberg starts calling the team trash it will spark some actual organizational change. We're turning into Vancouver... riding out a ****** team as long as we can instead of rebuilding. We're only delaying the inevitable. We need to acquire some actual good young talent outside of Larkin.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Maybe if Zetterberg starts calling the team trash it will spark some actual organizational change. We're turning into Vancouver... riding out a ****** team as long as we can instead of rebuilding. We're only delaying the inevitable. We need to acquire some actual good young talent outside of Larkin.

I don't know how these players don't bring it every night.

I go tryhard at the smallest things.

Nah bro, Im gonna beat you to the trashcan

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
zetterberg didn't call the team trash. he basically said what he says after every loss. They are making mistakes they shouldn't be making and team needs to play better

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
zetterberg didn't call the team trash. he basically said what he says after every loss. They are making mistakes they shouldn't be making and team needs to play better

Doing something you shouldn't be doing 100x in a game for years and years = bad.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I wish this team had more than 2 players playing :/

Seeing how Z and Larkin are playing, and with Datsyuk coming back, I firmly believe that eventually everything will be better.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I wish this team had more than 2 players playing :/

Seeing how Z and Larkin are playing, and with Datsyuk coming back, I firmly believe that eventually everything will be better.

Maybe when Datsyuk comes back, we can have 3 lines. Zetterberg can carry his all by himself, Same with Datsyuk. and then Larkin and pulu can play good.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I think it's part system, part player thinking they can get away play D without grinding, part because they dont have big D they play scared and make unforced turnover.

coaching, bit of playing chicken, bit of roster makeup. And this is just describing playing in our zone. Haven't even gotten to breakout bit which has been bad as well.

even if we won, I would have complained. that's how bad it is.

RockemSockemProberts

Stevie's home!
Jul 5, 2012
Oradea, Rom/GR, MI
I'm not trying to go full Don Cherry on the Wings, but the team needs some grittier North Americans with skill. I mean classic Iginla types, Corey Perry, etc. The current roster is a polarized mess of low skill North American grinders and undersized (streaky, under-producing) Europeans. Trades need to be made. Time for a Shanahan trade.

Obviously, that still leaves the D, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad