GDT: GAME #10: LEAFS @ JETS | Wed, Oct 24 @ 7PM ET | Bell MTS Place | SN1, SN360,NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Matthews has had 2 rough games.

Will be interesting to see how well he skates.

I don't think it was all on Matthews those last couple of games. He was played tight and tough. Never had any room no matter what he did as he was double teamed all game long.

imho he needs some games like that to remind him that he has to keep pushing himself to get better and learn how to break away from his coverage.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Bit off topic, but what’s the deal with Sundin? He was at the Habs game last night, taking photos with the Domi’s, why do we never see him at a Leafs game? Really odd he isn’t around much.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Bit off topic, but what’s the deal with Sundin? He was at the Habs game last night, taking photos with the Domi’s, why do we never see him at a Leafs game? Really odd he isn’t around much.
He was taking time to just be a dad in Sweden - Surprised to hear he's come over to NA at all, let alone being seen at a Habs game.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If Leafs play like they did vs STL it will be a blowout... ugly one too.

If they come to play, it should be entertaining.

Re/ Dermott; pretty sure it was indicated since Sunday he would be a scratch. I don't agree with it.

Actually looks like he is sick:

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If Leafs play like they did vs STL it will be a blowout... ugly one too.

If they come to play, it should be entertaining.

Re/ Dermott; pretty sure it was indicated since Sunday he would be a scratch. I don't agree with it.

Even if he were a scratch he should be on the ice.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Let's keep taking the only line playing solid possession hockey right now and periodically toss in Tyler Ennis to make sure that good possession shit is cut out right away.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Ummm just noticed that the Habs are leading our division right now. I know it's 8-9 games in but I really hope the Leafs start to pick it up and start to make a cushion for the playoff race. We can't afford to not be 1st or 2nd in the Division come playoff time.

I've already had a picture of the standings sent to me by my buddy. Man, and he was so quiet last year too....

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think it was all on Matthews those last couple of games. He was played tight and tough. Never had any room no matter what he did as he was double teamed all game long.

imho he needs some games like that to remind him that he has to keep pushing himself to get better and learn how to break away from his coverage.

Yea, he a had rough couple of games but he wasn't going to finish the season with 2 PPG. These kinda of games are bound to happen. I am not going to bash the guy for having a couple of off games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad