GDT: GAME #10: LEAFS @ JETS | Wed, Oct 24 @ 7PM ET | Bell MTS Place | SN1, SN360,NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
uSqLBL4.png

Projected Lineup

:leafs
(6-3-0)

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Ennis-Gauthier-Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Marincin-Ozhiganov

Andersen

:jets
(6-2-1)

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Lemieux-Roslovic-Perreault

Morrissey - Trouba
Chiarot - Byfuglien
Morrow – Myers

Hellebuyck

LET'S GO
5Z3EYgH.jpg

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If they don't actually put some effort into this one we are gonna get worked. Hopefully we see the real team show up against a damn good team.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Jets fans are the most obnoxious Canadian fans out there. Hate losing to Winnipeg. They always like to rub it in our faces. Laine is better than Matthews,
Scheifele is better than JT, blah blah blah.

You should feel sorry for them since that’s delusional

Reactions: TimeZone

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I know everyone here is very high on the Leafs, but the Jets are Canada's bet shot at the Cup this season.

There just aren't any major flaws with their roster construction at the moment.

This is going to be a really good test for the Leafs.

I remember Babcock saying last week, that you "have to play scared" in order to really be on your toes sometimes.

The Leafs should be scared of this Jets team, especially in that building.

Have the Leafs won in Winnipeg since they returned to the league?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I expect our Leafs to be mired in a 4 game losing streak after our next 2 games.

Anything less than that will be brilliant!

The Jets are a very good team!

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I think the Leafs will have a tough time in Winnipeg as the Jets have been excellent on home ice. However, the Jets have a very heavy schedule this week, they actually have a game on Friday night at Detroit before they face the Leafs again at the AC......I mean SBA on Saturday. So the Leafs should have a very good chance to beat them Saturday night.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
the leafs are a very good team.
Yes they are, but, they have not played like one the last 2 games.

I would really like them to be better, however, I'm not going to expect it!

A 4 game slump is not out of the question! Neither is a 2 game winning streak. Going 1 and 1 is a real possibility too.

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Coming in peace.

I think both fanbases are nervous going into this week, not sure which of our teams will show up for these 2 games. For us do we get the 3rd period Jets that played fast and aggressive, from the Blues game, or the first 2 periods Jets that crapped the bed.

This being the first time in 23 years since a game with 2 Canadian teams will air on an American national broadcast, hoping both teams are on, and the skill shines. There is enough firepower here to make it an entertaining one.

Here is to a possible finals preview.

Last edited:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Best guess for both lineup tomorrow night:

Projected Lineup

:leafs
(6-3-0)

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Johnsson-Gauthier-Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Andersen

:jets
(6-2-1)

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Lemieux-Roslovic-Perreault

Morrissey - Trouba
Chiarot - Byfuglien
Morrow – Myers

Hellebuyck​

Last edited:

member 262271

I know everyone here is very high on the Leafs, but the Jets are Canada's bet shot at the Cup this season.

There just aren't any major flaws with their roster construction at the moment.

This is going to be a really good test for the Leafs.

I remember Babcock saying last week, that you "have to play scared" in order to really be on your toes sometimes.

The Leafs should be scared of this Jets team, especially in that building.

Have the Leafs won in Winnipeg since they returned to the league?
I was so choked when the Jets didn't beat the Knights, it made no sense, much like Vegas' entire season. And yes, they won in Winnipeg last October in a most convincing fashion.

member 262271

Coming in peace.

I think both fanbases are nervous going into this week, not sure which of our teams will show up for these 2 games. For us do we get the 3rd period Jets that played fast and aggressive, from the Blues game, or the first 2 periods Jets that crapped the bed.

This being the first time in 23 years since a game with 2 Canadian teams will air on a American national broadcast, hoping both teams are on, and the skill shines. There is enough firepower here to make it an entertaining one.

Here is to a possible finals preview.
Thats pretty much it, from people here I've talked to they they think it'll be a sweep for the Leafs, I think otherwise. Hopefully the good version of each team shows up and we can have a real barn burner.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
the leafs are a very good team.
Yes, but the Leafs no longer have a top 4 D that they can just throw out there shift after shift.

Teams will exploit that to the max.

Hainsey can't do it anymore. That's why we were seeing Dermott out there on the penalty kill. The coach trying different people out to see who can slot into that top 4 D pairings.

Good that we all see this early in the season. They can wait for someone to step up.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Should be a good game. I am, however, very nervous. I think we are still due a spanking and this could be it before we truly right the ship.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Yes, but the Leafs no longer have a top 4 D that they can just throw out there shift after shift.

Teams will exploit that to the max.

Hainsey can't do it anymore. That's why we were seeing Dermott out there on the penalty kill. The coach trying different people out to see who can slot into that top 4 D pairings.

Good that we all see this early in the season. They can wait for someone to step up.
Or, wait for Dubas to acquire a fill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad