GDT: Game # 10: Jets @ Devils, 7PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The rainbows and unicorns flying around this place...at least people are happy for once.

I was actually encouraged by the second half of this game. It finally looked like Devils hockey again, even with some bad turnovers and sloppy neutral zone moves.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The rainbows and unicorns flying around this place...at least people are happy for once.

I was actually encouraged by the second half of this game. It finally looked like Devils hockey again, even with some bad turnovers and sloppy neutral zone moves.

It is just some promising signs. It could all fall apart against the Jackets, but it is possible the team builds off a win they really needed in a way they really needed to win.

Some of the major worries we had played better. Cory was fantastic, Greene was much better.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Man was that game boring and ugly until Ryder scored.

That said, a shootout win is huge and I'm loving Josefson. Larsson played a decent game too. Glad he has Gelinas to keep his seat in the stands warm for the next game.

Severson looked a tad bit off early in the game but man is the kid good. I think he made more saves than Cory did. He reads and reacts on those odd man rushes so well. All the other D men basically stand in the middle, back all the way into the crease and cover nothing (except Zid who usually goes for a hit and misses completely).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Man was that game boring and ugly until Ryder scored.

That said, a shootout win is huge and I'm loving Josefson. Larsson played a decent game too. Glad he has Gelinas to keep his seat in the stands warm for the next game.

Severson looked a tad bit off early in the game but man is the kid good. I think he made more saves than Cory did. He reads and reacts on those odd man rushes so well. All the other D men basically stand in the middle, back all the way into the crease and cover nothing (except Zid who usually goes for a hit and misses completely).

They looked deflated for long stretches early on, but then woke up and got the shootout monkey killed.

Maybe they can build on it. Cory made the big saves everyone wanted.

lachyrm

Jun 3, 2010
He let two newer guys get a shot, and trusted Elias might be able to use the opportunity to get himself straight. Also maybe he trusted Cory

Very possible Reid goes 4th.

You're right. You're right. I retract the criticism. I just got a feeling of dread as soon as I saw Elias out there. Thankfully it turned out fine.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Good to get the shootout thing out of the way. And good for Josefson, he played another strong game.

Other than those two things, this game was a listless performance. Coming off the Pittsburgh came I'm convinced more that this team needs a change behind the bench.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Very solid. Definitely did enough to stay in the lineup but who knows with this coach.

Only defensmen who should come out of the line-up after tonight wear 2 and 24. Both had subpar games and nasty turnovers.

Merrill stared off poorly but recovered to have an okay game overall. Great pass on the GTG.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Barring the return of Havlat and Camm I think Pete needs to stick with the 3rd period lines or something close to them.

JJ has earned a shot to center a third line, and Hernique at Elias' wing could get him going.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Very solid. Definitely did enough to stay in the lineup but who knows with this coach.

He was solid, but he was solid in the last game he played too. I don't think he did enough, in Deboers eyes, to stay in the lineup. I hope 'm wrong, but I've seen this enough to realize that expecting Larsson to play next game is the definition of insanity.

MountainGoat

I thought Jagr was the best player on the ice tonight. Cory had a nice game too but his style worries me.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

SUCK IT LOSEAPEG!:laugh:

You lost a shootout to the Devils!

I'm happier we beat than in a shootout than if we blew them out. They get their ***** kicked all the ****ing time, that would have been nothing new for them. Losing a shootout to us is A LOT more HUMILIATING!

Oh by the way, Jets will be a lottery contender AGAIN this year!:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad