GDT: Game # 10: Jets @ Devils, 7PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
i thought elias played his best game of the season (which may not be saying much)....larsson looked superb once he got a few shifts under him, seemed to play with the confidence i remember from his early days.....josefson flying again and silky shootout goal.....severson was great and bailed a lot of guys out with a good stick.....thought clowe-zajac-jagr was effective once united (ive been hoping they would give them a shot together)......hopefully pete keeps the lines and dpairs as what they were in the final period.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Ya, whoever shot first tried to do that dipsy-doodle crap Spezza pulled the last shootout. This time Cory poke checked and broke it up.

He played all three correctly.

I talked last SO loss about him just being way too passive, playing way too deep and allowing the shooter to just carve him up. He plays way too reactionary at times.

Tonight, he stood at the top of his crease and put pressure on the shooter. He actually poke-checked one away. Just knowing a goalie will utilize a poke-check makes you not want to come too close.. which is exactly what the next two shooters did. They both shot from much further out.

Look at the SO goals scored on him. The shooter basically walks into the crease. They didn't come close to it tonight after attempt 1.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
No we're not.

But this was GIGANTIC considering it's been an ongoing thing that really p*ssed me off. I'm so damn happy it's FINALLY OVER.

Now let's see if they can use this monumental moment to jumpstart the rest of their season.

5-3-2? Still a solid position to begin a run to the playoffs.

just busting balls........win feels good ...

cheers

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Ok Merrill's good again. Looked great after the first period.

Ehhh, I didn't think he was that effective at all. I thought besides Zids he was our worst defenseman. Salvador did have 1 brutal turnover but besides that he played pretty well. The other three were clearly the best tonight.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
A shootout win was something I didn't expect. Good for them. JJ and Severson made this game. Larsson played well. Nice. :handclap:

Also mad respect to Clowe for having possibly the worst game ever. He was the best player for the Jets tonight, no doubt.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
You sure? he made a few horrible passes in overtime. Severson had to bail him out once with under a minute in regulation.

He played a lot better than his last game, which isn't saying much, but still it's a step in the right direction.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hopefully, they start giving Josefson some more time, as he's earned it.

Move him up to at least the third line, I really don't care at this point how they do it, but he has every right to be there.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
greene seems to be finding his stride too, he was excellent. schneider had a solid game, made a lot of underrated saves all night IMO.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Jets had their way at times in the neutral zone but Schneider was fantastic tonight. Shout out to Severson, Greene, and Larsson on the back end and Jagr and Ryder up front. Hopefully this shootout win propels them heading forward as the schedule gets really tough heading into November.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Cory was excellent tonight, and I hope/think this could be a game he can really build on mentally.

Let's hope it's something the whole team can build off of. They finally got the shootout monkey off their backs, got a win at home, and after coming back late. Good response to that abomination of a game against the Pens.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
This was EXACTLY the type of game the Devils should be playing. Like it or not, we are not a run and gun team. We excel when we are a possession heavy team, and limit shots on net. Don't forget we are missing Havlat and Cammallerri so we have two guys who would add scoring for us. I wouldn't get away from this game unless we really need to push the tempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad