GDT: Game 10: Columbus Blue Jackets v.LA Kings

jdhebner

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I ain't cousin Basil
Visit site
I feel bad for Prospal. he is certainly in the twilight of his career, but he is also a victim of his circumstances. In the games that I have been to, he is still making some great set-ups to his teammates. The problem is that most of those set-ups are to players that have little ability to finish. Unfortunately those good plays by Prospal go unnoticed. Is this his final year as a player? I would say yes. But on a better team, his efforts would be rewarded far more than they are with this bunch.

You're not the only one. I've seen 2-3 plays over the last 4 games where he sends it to someone right out front and they either aren't ready for the puck or they flub it. His projected goal production is close to projected, but he's not getting very many assists...

I can't help but think he might be dealt to the Rangers or the Lightning later this year, though he has to approve the move. Judging by what I infer from his interviews I don't think he wants to go anywhere.

I'd say he has one year left after this.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
You're not the only one. I've seen 2-3 plays over the last 4 games where he sends it to someone right out front and they either aren't ready for the puck or they flub it. His projected goal production is close to projected, but he's not getting very many assists...

I can't help but think he might be dealt to the Rangers or the Lightning later this year, though he has to approve the move. Judging by what I infer from his interviews I don't think he wants to go anywhere.

I'd say he has one year left after this.

He's not going anywhere. We've already been over the whole "Wants to be part of the org after he plays" as well as the "I'll keep signing one year deals until I retire" thing. We didn't move him last deadline, I don't see it happening now unless JD is changing the terms of the existing deal.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Brandon Dubinsky receives a fine, but no suspension from the NHL's Department of Player Safety. #CBJ

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL
News --> RT @RobMixer: Brandon Dubinsky receives a fine, but no suspension from the NHL's Department of Player Safety. #CBJ

Lori Schmidt ‏@LoriSchmidt
The NHL fined Brandon Dubinsky $10,000 for his hit on LA's Rob Scuderi.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Saw this on facebook:

Dubinsky makes $4.2 million this year so this is equivalent to fining a person that makes $50,000 a year $119

I don't see how this is proper punishment for that kind of hit to be completely honest. We're lucky to get off without Dubi sitting a couple games, on to the next one.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Saw this on facebook:

Dubinsky makes $4.2 million this year so this is equivalent to fining a person that makes $50,000 a year $119

I don't see how this is proper punishment for that kind of hit to be completely honest. We're lucky to get off without Dubi sitting a couple games, on to the next one.

10K is the maximum they could fine him.

IMO that hit did not deserve a suspension.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Saw this on facebook:

Fines are limited by the CBA as negotiated with the NHLPA. I don't think we are going to have progressive fining anytime in the near future. Unions tend to treat everyone in the union like that are part of the Borg collective. I don't know if 10k is the max, but it isn't very high. 10k to a league minimum player is a far bigger deal.

Having said that if I was making 50k and someone fined me $119 I wouldn't be very happy about it. I remember making 50k back in the day.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Fines are limited by the CBA as negotiated with the NHLPA. I don't think we are going to have progressive fining anytime in the near future. Unions tend to treat everyone in the union like that are part of the Borg collective. I don't know if 10k is the max, but it isn't very high. 10k to a league minimum player is a far bigger deal.

Having said that if I was making 50k and someone fined me $119 I wouldn't be very happy about it. I remember making 50k back in the day.

@jrimercbj "#CBJ center Dubinsky fined maximum 10 thousand dollars for last night's hit on #LAKings Scuderi. Will play vs #Flames tomorrow night"

@RobMixer
The $10,000 fine to Dubinsky is the maximum allowed under the new CBA. Previously, the maximum fine was $2,500. #NHL #CBJ

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Per Rimer:

@jrimercbj "#CBJ center Dubinsky fined maximum 10 thousand dollars for last night's hit on #LAKings Scuderi. Will play vs #Flames tomorrow night"

Yeah, if they could they probably would have fined him more. I am not for progressive fining. If it is a 10k fine for a league minimum player than the same fine should be worth 10k to another player. At least on player to player infractions.

The fine is kind of like a warning in your HR file. If you do that again you get in bigger trouble. The fine isn't there as a deterrent. The truly progressive fine is when you get suspended.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Yeah, if they could they probably would have fined him more. I am not for progressive fining. If it is a 10k fine for a league minimum player than the same fine should be worth 10k to another player. At least on player to player infractions.

The fine is kind of like a warning in your HR file. If you do that again you get in bigger trouble. The fine isn't there as a deterrent.

Losing pay via suspension is the real deterrent.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Saw this on facebook:

With the pro-rated salary for 48 games, I believe he makes about half of that this year. So its more like a $250 fine, plus missing match fees.

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
Also, the players don't home take their full contract pay, since a large chunk is taken out for taxes. Yes, it's still a relatively small fine, but not as small as most think.

m8n8

Oct 31, 2011
vs LA

Lolligaggers on ice. RJ being top lolligagger. RJ really starting to come into his own "top paid player on CBJ" role by taking another night off.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad