GDT: Game 10 - Bolts @ Avs - 7:30 PM 10/24/18

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Stamkos was always a player you would sometimes watch and find hard to believe he was being paid 8+ million and scoring 90+points.

He's now pushing 30 and the injury he had doesn't help.

Stamkos was always a guy that never really drove the play. He just kinda disappeared for most of the game, but would always manage to come out of nowhere to blast home a couple goals.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Can't imagine the boys come out flat after returning home from a great road trip. Crowd should really be into it tonight.

Would love to see Mikko get an even strength hat trick just so I can troll that one Bolts poster.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Bednar's blind spot for Bourque is mildly annoying. He doesn't do anything better than Kamanev, why does he keep sneaking into the lineup? Could be worse though, could be Hunwick or Holden.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I really expect us to come out flying. Especially Mackinnon, really think it's important for us to get the first goal.

I know I'll be bringing my A+ poster game. Will it matter? No, not at all. But you can't say I didn't get up for this game.....ha

Does anyone else think Tampa's second line should be their first? I wonder which 3rd line of ours Bednar tries to match against it.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bednar's blind spot for Bourque is mildly annoying. He doesn't do anything better than Kamanev, why does he keep sneaking into the lineup? Could be worse though, could be Hunwick or Holden.

It's not that simple. Bourque is the Avs top PKer this year. He has more minutes than any other forward. They don't have a good fifth option right now with Compher out, and they don't want to burn Landy out giving him PK minutes on top of all the other hard minutes he plays every night.

With how many penalties the Avs have been taking this year, they can't afford to lose Bourque in that role right now.

Bourque - 32:34
Nieto - 31:38
Soda - 30:40
Calvert - 22:44
Compher - 13:07
Kamenev - 4:42
Dries - 2:19

NHL.com - Stats

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
It's not that simple. Bourque is the Avs top PKer this year. He has more minutes than any other forward. They don't have a good fifth option right now with Compher out, and they don't want to burn Landy out giving him PK minutes on top of all the other hard minutes he plays every night.

With how many penalties the Avs have been taking this year, they can't afford to lose Bourque in that role right now.

Yes and the Avs pk over the past year or so has been 1 of the league's best. Bednar trusts him on the pk

Reactions: freeboy

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

Yes, this makes sense and I was going to mention it a couple of days ago but I couldn't really figure out how good Kamenev was on the PK. I know Bednar is a guy who likes his players to know what their role is and focus on it. Obviously Gourke's role on the team is on the PK.

Reactions: New Scotlander

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Gonna miss this one since I dont have NBCSN, plus I'll be in class anyway. This is gonna be a big test against a contender. Hopefully we can keep rolling.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Kind of scared to watch this one, have a bad feeling that we're gonna get a bit of a schooling today (though not as much as we would've gotten a season or two ago).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kamenev did absolutely nothing to deserve being taken out of the lineup and Mark Dano did nothing to show he deserved to stay in.

#BednarsBoys

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Personally don't think Kamanev has done much, Dano got way more involved in offense than Kamenev did. Plus Kamenev looks so lost in his zone, his mobility isn't that great there.

Reactions: 5280

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Kamenev did absolutely nothing to deserve being taken out of the lineup and Mark Dano did nothing to show he deserved to stay in.

#BednarsBoys
Kamenev was playing great. Dano was fine, and you don't sign someone and play them once and scratch them. Nieto has played half decent the last couple games, and Bednar won't scratch Bourque with his PK play. Kamenev is the odd guy out right now.

I'm sure Kamenev doesn't mind his NHL paycheck instead of being sent to the AHL.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If Nieto finds his game he can be a true offensive threat for us.

Ok I'm sorry, haha, that was rich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad