GDT: Game 10 - Bolts @ Avs - 7:30 PM 10/24/18

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Is it a huge hot take? We've seen Bednar have a short leash, sometimes questionably so IMO based on play on the ice, with certain players. Other players certainly are given every opportunity to succeed, despite any struggles. It seems to me that this is more of an observable fact than any hot take. I suppose that any particular conclusion to be drawn from it may be a hot take, but that is open to interpretation.
Yeah, it could be argued my comment was more of a hot take than yours, lol. I was just wound up last night and took your observation to the extreme and thought you were insinuating Bednar had a Russian bias or something going on. I lept to defend Bednar when, now that I read back, I’m not even sure that is what you were getting at. Anyhoo.....

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
PLEASE make the lines:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Andrighetto - Kerfoot - Wilson
Jost - Soderberg - Calvert
Nieto - Kamenev - Dano

scratch: Bourque

Try Soderberg and Jost together with the energy bug Calvert. Think it would help spark that line.

Reactions: Foppberg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That Ghetto/Kerf/Wilson line ain't workin' though, like, at all. The shot metrics they put up last game were horrifying, and I didn't even bother with the ones from the game before, because they looked even worse in that game, even though the team won.

I get that Bednar and the organization would like to keep Soda in a 3rd line role but enough's enough. Just put him on that 2nd line, give him the proper linemates, and watch the secondary scoring happen.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bednar seems to have a weird allergy to using Soderberg to his full potential. The first season he straight up tried to pretend he didn't exist, and for all the responsibility that Soda has now, Bednar seems to be holding firm to his idea that Soda is not good for offense. I get that he doesn't have another remotely shutdown center to work with, but he could at least try him with more skilled wingers and still use him as a matchup line.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Bednar seems to have a weird allergy to using Soderberg to his full potential. The first season he straight up tried to pretend he didn't exist, and for all the responsibility that Soda has now, Bednar seems to be holding firm to his idea that Soda is not good for offense. I get that he doesn't have another remotely shutdown center to work with, but he could at least try him with more skilled wingers and still use him as a matchup line.

I really want compher next to soderberg. A legit wrister would take advantage of soderberg’s playmaking.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Which is winger has the offensive skill but can also be on a matchup line.

Compher when he's back. For now maybe Jost if moved to wing would work well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad