GDT: Game 10 - Bolts @ Avs - 7:30 PM 10/24/18

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
According to Lightning fans, he looks like trash to start.

Even last year there was a chunk of games I saw where Stamkos looked real meh to me. I mean he put up a bunch of points, but seemed to be riding Kuch’s coattails a bit.

Inb4 I get yelled at by Tampa fans.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Even last year there was a chunk of games I saw where Stamkos looked real meh to me. I mean he put up a bunch of points, but seemed to be riding Kuch’s coattails a bit.

Inb4 I get yelled at by Tampa fans.
I'm with you on that one. Stamkos doesn't look dominant to me anymore. If he's not playing with Kucherov, I see a 65-70 point scorer.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm with you on that one. Stamkos doesn't look dominant to me anymore. If he's not playing with Kucherov, I see a 65-70 point scorer.

Or not consistently dominant. There were a few games I saw he looked really good, but he doesn’t bring that fear factor that he used to. Like I’m less worried about Stamkos going off than I am Kuch or maybe even point.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Avs should come out flying. It's going to be a great game. Hopefully the leafs can beat Winnipeg aswell. My money is on Winnipeg.

Reactions: freeboy

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Stamkos was always a player you would sometimes watch and find hard to believe he was being paid 8+ million and scoring 90+points.

He's now pushing 30 and the injury he had doesn't help.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I wouldn't mind another game like what we saw when these two faced off against one another last year where the Bolts kept scoring and the Avs just wouldn't give up and kept coming back. Except...I'd like for them to win this time around. That was an amazing game and the first indication to me at least that something was really stirring with this team.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I just can't stand NBC. Every year they scheduled only 2.5 hours for their first game. Games always take longer than that in regulation let alone if there is OT and sometimes SO. You end up missing half the 1st period of the second game. Can't they ever learn from Sportsnet? It just drives me crazy.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
ESPN/ABC does the same thing with College Football. Only allow 3 1/2 hours for games that often take 4 - 4 1/2 hours to play. Then they either put it on ESPNews (which most people don't have anymore) or on ESPN3, which is a subscription service. It's idiotic.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
This is a prove it game. Tampa is a beast, but the Avs (or at least their top line and goaltending) have been fire. Time to see how they respond to a powerhouse.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
The final game against the Bolts last season was phenomenal, we almost came back from 4-0 and 5-1. I think we've been playing better than Tampa and I like our chances, but this is a tough team and truly the first real test we've had all season, looking forward to it.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Stamkos was always a player you would sometimes watch and find hard to believe he was being paid 8+ million and scoring 90+points.

He's now pushing 30 and the injury he had doesn't help.

In the NHL you get paid for what you did, not what you're doing. MacKinnon is currently in his peak and getting paid breadcrumbs. He will be slower and less intense and far richer in 7 years .

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I'm feeling a loss today (reverse jinx?)

Would love to be proven wrong, wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
This feels like a win for me. We've historically had more trouble against teams that play a gritty neutral zone game. High paced skill games are our forte.

We also have an issue with hubris, but bringing it against a cup contender is much easier than bringing it against the Oilers, the Panthers or the BJs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad