Domingue

LIVE LOOK AT MACKINNON'S PREGAME WARMUPS

Reactions: Pokecheque

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Tough, tough game.

MGM line will have to deal with McDonagh-Stralman, and our other weak lines might get dominated by Hedman and co.

Hope we win, but will take a point.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
This will be a good test for the team. And probably an extremely exciting game, regardless of the outcome.

Bummed I’m going to miss at least the first 2 periods in paramedic class :(

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Also just read TB has scored more goals on the PK (2) than they have given up (1). Wow

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They may be 5-1-1 but those are some strange Tampa Bay lines I'm not used to seeing. Though it seems they've reunited the "kids" line of Palat-Johnson-Kucherov.

I'm still surprised Dan Girardi has an NHL job.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Nice that Colorado’s nationally televised in primetime, hopefully they can put on a show. This should be a fun game. I’m a fan of Cooper & his open, uptempo style of hockey, while I feel the Avs match up well against it for how they want to attack offensively.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Biggest test of the year. Home ice is going to be a nice advantage. If varly continues his amazing play, we have a good shot.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Minuses: They need more production from other sources. Colorado has 13 goals from players not on their top line, and none by a defenseman. You can only ride your top horses for so long. When they stumble, others will need to pick up the slack.
Coach Jared Bednar told me that their team defending could be better. They have points in eight of nine games and have allowed 2.11 goals-against per game, fewest in the NHL, but have allowed at least 30 shots on goal in eight of nine games, including 40 or more shots on goal in three games.
Ouch. I know that majority of the defenders shots have been tipped for goals, but didn't really realise this.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Team is on a high and plays against a top team. They had it "easy" on the road where the won without giving a full 60 minutes effort. We'll see if they take it easy and play like they can afford to lose or play like they are a top team, too. Biggest test of the season so far, on many levels.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I probably would have went Grubauer for this game but Varly has been awesome so it’s hard to argue. I just think if anyone knows how Tampa plays, it would be him after last year. I know he didn’t play but he was in the room while Tampa’s pp and all of the players shooting habits were being dissected and I’m sure he was watching the games extremely closely in the event Holtby went down.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Wanted to see Kam in the lineup but we will make due with what we have out there. I expect us to win a close game on national television.

Bold prediction of the night: Dano scores.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad