Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Speaking of Skille....Saw this on the DP's website today:

AVs' first-year winger Jack Skille live's out of hotels

But Skille, 28, still lives out of hotels. It's the team hotel on the road, and a team-paid hotel in the Denver area. He has yet to get the green light from the Avs to buy or rent a place in Colorado.

"Nothing's guaranteed and I'm not expecting it to be guaranteed and I'm not looking for someone to give me a pat on the back and say, 'You're good, you're safe,' because I know I'm not safe. I'm never going to be safe," Skille said. "And I'm going to keep playing that way."​

Love that quote by Jack.

That's a good way to keep a guy motivated. Don't let him buy a house.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Looking at the boxscore from last night and I see Beauchemin played over 27 mins. I wonder if that'll effect him at all on a back to back. It was a close game that we really needed so no issue with him being used a lot at even strength yesterday. Could probably do without the additional 6:38 on the PP though. MacKinnon is the only one who had more PP time.

There's only one option, put Zadorov on the top line!

I'm joking. Mostly....

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Finally get to watch my first full game of the season. God it sucks working 75 hours a week, thank god for radio. But hoping for a W tonight, it could really help turn some things around.

I'd like to see the 3rd line do something productive tonight offensively. Secondary scoring is always a welcome addition. Everberg and Comeau are the right guys to crash the net, they just have to find a way to get the puck on net and crash.

75 hours a week??!!

holy crap, that's more than i work in a month.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Speaking of Skille....Saw this on the DP's website today:

AVs' first-year winger Jack Skille live's out of hotels

But Skille, 28, still lives out of hotels. It's the team hotel on the road, and a team-paid hotel in the Denver area. He has yet to get the green light from the Avs to buy or rent a place in Colorado.

"Nothing's guaranteed and I'm not expecting it to be guaranteed and I'm not looking for someone to give me a pat on the back and say, 'You're good, you're safe,' because I know I'm not safe. I'm never going to be safe," Skille said. "And I'm going to keep playing that way."​

Love that quote by Jack.

Skille is climbing my list of favorite players on the team. He has a great attitude and has been playing at or above his pay grade (for the most part) all year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
75 hours per week? Aren't there labour laws against that? Damn. :laugh:

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad