GDT: Game #1|Wed., Oct. 2, 2013|Maple Leafs at Flyers|7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Seriously the power play entry of stand 4 guys on the blue line and wait for the guy to enter is so stupid at the NHL level. And they go to it every time, that's horrible coaching.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
And now Lavy seemingly has no offensive adjustments either. Dude is wasting the talent on this roster and pissed away an otherwise respectable defensive effort.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I hope this makes my HF bros feel better:

Ttueytl.gif

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
How can anyone say it wasn't a badly played game? Aside from the first period Philly played horrendous. Could be an adrenaline dump, could be the s****y system. Either way NOT a good way to start the year especially after that pre season. Fire Lavy. Get a new coach with a new fresh system. Please

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
The Flyers should have all their name plates replaced with lower case lettering until they learn to capitalize.

Best post of the year.

We played well. Bernier played better. Our 5-on-5 still sucks.

It's on our PP more-so though our ES was bad as well. We went 1-7 (don't even know if that includes the PS) and we're supposed to be a top-end offensive team that thrives on the PP.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I just hope Holmgren and Snider come to their senses and fire Lavi before it becomes too late...

Zero chance he makes the year, but it will definitely be too late when they can this clown. Nothing has changed since the NJ playoff loss.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
The defense actually looked good, our defensive forwards were not good and Mason was well below average. The offense was just not there on execution tonight either, too many wide and passes not connecting.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
This team's going nowhere with Laviolette. The game tonight was a microcosm of his entire tenure. 'The tactic' worked for the first period until the Leafs adjusted. From that point, we had no answer and our illustrious coach had no idea how to take back the upper hand. It's like last season never ended.

I know it's only one game this season, but it's more like game 49 of last. The man has to go.

FlyerSithLord

Aug 31, 2007
Tinicum
www.delvalparanormal.org
Dominated the first half of this game and fell flat in the end against a team playing in the 2nd game of back to back emotional games. Pathetic. How the **** do you allow teams to outnumber you to the puck when you have more players on the ice than them. One game in and I'm already ****ing pissed.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Giroux looked good, I thought Streit looked pretty decent too. Mason did what he could. I thought Simmonds and Couturier sucked.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Do you guys honestly think that firing Lavi and getting a new coach is going to suddenly solve this problem? I'm not saying to keep him or to fire him but you people act like it's that simple. The problem was that they just couldn't finish chances and didn't score on 6 pps...

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Couturier looks so unmotivated about the fact that he's never going to be put in an offensive by Lavy. They need to get this guy out of here before he ruins the young talent.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
You would think the world was ending, wow.

I am usually pretty logical and realistic, (I am not going to say negative, but some may.) and do feel a coaching change is needed.... but the team played fine tonight, Bernier was fantastic and the missed chances were the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad