GDT: Game 1 Toronto at the Blue Jackets 10/4/19

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don’t get the surprise here, depleted Jackets team that had no reenforcement this off season against arguably the best offensive team in the NHL.
I know Gustav Nyquist isn't as good as Panarin, but he's certainly not nothing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
One good player in, three elite players out, very tough outcome
I see we're double-dipping with Duchene again. And moving the goalposts after getting called out on hyperbole, which seems to be the standard when folks are grumpy.

Seriously, I dunno about this team, but there's certainly several folks here who seem quite ready to fold at the first sign of adversity. We knew going in that even if this team had a chance, there were going to be rough moments. That doesn't mean there's no chance of success because things went badly for one game.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don’t get the negativity myself . We haven’t played in over a weak, and open against probably one of the top 2 teams in the league . Our team speed has looked great . Offense has looked much better than I thought it would . Toronto is a damn good team , tough opponent to open with

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
When's the trade deadline.... :) Man they looked like shit tonight, opening night in C-bus.... reminds me of the moral victory days.... Ugh...

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
meh

PLD needs to be more of an impact player.
Anderson/Foligno looked good.
Defense was meh also which made Korpi look bad.
Obviously the more skilled team...

Reactions: cslebn

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I don’t get the negativity myself . We haven’t played in over a weak, and open against probably one of the top 2 teams in the league . Our team speed has looked great . Offense has looked much better than I thought it would . Toronto is a damn good team , tough opponent to open with
Definitely had chances, Wennberg set up a few but lots of fumbling of passes. Would love to see wins but early season hockey can be ugly. That said there was good with the bad for sure

Reactions: The Bread Man

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
meh

PLD needs to be more of an impact player.
Anderson/Foligno looked good.
Defense was meh also which made Korpi look bad.
Obviously the more skilled team...
Good points and generally agree except I thought our defensemen were less than meh. The group took three penalties, a killer when playing the Leafs; Murray was unusually bad; the Nuti-Harrington pair weren't sound; and Seth - well, he was meh. While Zach was "Marnered" (Viqsi's verb) on one play, I thought he was the one DMan who played a good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad