GDT: Game #1 Sharks @ Kings - Buckaroo Banzai Edition - 7:30 PM PDT NBCSN KFOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
this win was well deserved. now, the sharks have blown out teams on day 1 for several years in a row but IMO this was the most convincing. they flat out dominated, it wasn't just high shooting %. they controlled that game from start to finish.

The best reactions were from Jones and Milbury after the game. They were like "WTH, we weren't prepared to discuss a game that went like that."

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Anybody else feel a weird sense of confidence with Jones in net? Like... I was not worrying about losing the lead ever.

Might have been the great defensive effort too.

I was not worried at all during that 3 minute cycle the kings had going on. That was mostly the defense but still.

jwhitesj

Oct 9, 2006
Downtown San Jose
The Sharks played better in this game than the did in any game last year. The aggressiveness from start to finish was the clear difference. The game was a lot of fun to watch as well. I think the Sharks biggest challenge will be keeping up the intensity over an 82 game season and into the playoffs. I love the new system; I just hope it doesn't wear the team down too much.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Anybody else feel a weird sense of confidence with Jones in net? Like... I was not worrying about losing the lead ever.

Might have been the great defensive effort too.

jones seems like the real deal. i dont want to get too carried away but he's a little rinne-ish. big guy, good positioning, athletic and can get as active as needed, and pounces on loose pucks hard.

The best reactions were from Jones and Milbury after the game. They were like "WTH, we weren't prepared to discuss a game that went like that."

The call for the last 2 periods was basically nonstop praising the Sharks. I did not know how to handle it.

knu

Feb 28, 2012
Fremont CA
This system looks like its going to require some insane conditioning to keep up. I just dont see how you can keep up with high energy through the season.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I think the Sharks biggest challenge will be keeping up the intensity over an 82 game season and into the playoffs. I love the new system; I just hope it doesn't wear the team down too much.

Totally this. The Kings were not up to the challenge. The Martins were great.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Don't worry i will bring enough negative nancy stuff until the sharks can truely prove to me that they deserve the praise and cup parading stuff that has already started on this board.

No one has done anything like that. Praise was deserved. They held the Kings below 20 shots and scored 5 goals.

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
Those two saves on one timers by Jones during the Kings' 5 on 3 pp at the end.

So effortless. It was like he was taking shots in a warm up.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This system looks like its going to require some insane conditioning to keep up. I just dont see how you can keep up with high energy through the season.

Pavelski said something about everyone coming into camp leaner and trimmer.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
They probably can't play like this every game. But it was nice to seem some spark from the Sharks, which has been lacking lately.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
SNOG (feels good to be back):

Sharks 5-1:

Donskoi, Hertl x2, Couture, Burns
Kopitar

I had to miss the Habs game because of work, but I won't be missing this. I'll just study for my math test between periods. :laugh:

my first drunk SNOG of the year wings!

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
We'll be happy that we have forward depth and can ice 4 lines that can play under this system (e.g. no forwards that can only be relied upon to play 4:30 a game - sorry John).

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Brown's hit reminds me of Luigi's green missile:
mSKIyyL.gif

Or like a blastoise Skull Bash

dd25b3f4c7c51d67ea8c40a5586c4160.jpg

sharski

Jun 4, 2012

LOL @ everyone refusing to praise Marleau after this game... he clearly understands this system the best... everyone knows Marleau is the GOAT at preserving energy

he'll be blowing past everyone and breaking up 2-on-1s in the stanley cup finals when everyone else is gassed

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
LOL @ everyone refusing to praise Marleau after this game... he clearly understands this system the best... everyone knows Marleau is the GOAT at preserving energy

he'll be blowing past everyone and breaking up 2-on-1s in the stanley cup finals when everyone else is gassed

i thought marleau had a great game tonight, his speed and defensive skills were really on display. Big part of the reason they limited the kings offensively.

Still hoping his offensive game gets more on track.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Can't even complain about a single part of the game. Partly because the damn Hawks game cut off the first 5 minutes so I never saw the Kings score. This was the first Sharks game that my parents have seen so they got to see them at their best lol. My dad really liked Burns and my mom liked Pavs and Jones. Hopefully they'll be fully converted by the end of the season.

Really impressed with Jones' rebound control. I knew it was a strength of his before but it's great to see it happening with him as a Shark. Happy they played a full 60 minutes and never let up pressure. Couture's hipcheck was beautiful and 100% clean. Thornton's snipe was $$$$. Keep it up Jumbo and teams won't know what to do with you anymore. I could go on forever about each player because man that was a great game.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
The Sharks played better in this game than the did in any game last year. The aggressiveness from start to finish was the clear difference. The game was a lot of fun to watch as well. I think the Sharks biggest challenge will be keeping up the intensity over an 82 game season and into the playoffs. I love the new system; I just hope it doesn't wear the team down too much.

You forget game 1 last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad