GDT: Game #1 Sharks @ Kings - Buckaroo Banzai Edition - 7:30 PM PDT NBCSN KFOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
Yeah, constant aggressiveness is the biggest aspect I'm happiest about. How many years have we been saying taking away time and space. Let's see if this team keeps it up. Hopefully they do.

With an 82-game season and many older vets, *fingers crossed* DeBoer gives extra ice time to the younger players vs. weaker or outclassed teams.

McLellan just over-preferred a "big paycheck, big minute" approach towards the end.

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA
One of the most interesting things for me was every one of our new players played well. The veteran players all seemed improved in play, preparation or effort. Even Brown played well tonight.

First game, but Couture's hip check at the end was a message in and of itself; a punctuation on a muser able game if you're an LA King.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah, constant aggressiveness is the biggest aspect I'm happiest about. How many years have we been saying taking away time and space. Let's see if this team keeps it up. Hopefully they do.

Not every game will be like tonight but I feel pretty optimistic about the new systematic changes.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So browns hit. Non repeat offender. Lifted feet off ground. Hit head on head. Shoulder to head (did he even hit the body with any part of his body?). Interference. Charging. So i am guessing a warning since you know brown is the little angel of the nhl and has never done anything remotely close to being dirty in his career.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Brown's hit reminds me of Luigi's green missile:
mSKIyyL.gif

McSkittlez

Jumbo Trollton
Jul 19, 2010
San Jose
What a way to start the season. Everyone played well. Nice to have a goaltender who doesn't give up huge rebounds. Cooch delivering that hit on Lucic was icing on the cake. It was fun to watch.

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
So browns hit. Non repeat offender. Lifted feet off ground. Hit head on head. Shoulder to head (did he even hit the body with any part of his body?). Interference. Charging. So i am guessing a warning since you know brown is the little angel of the nhl and has never done anything remotely close to being dirty in his career.
To keep in line with the Torres suspension, Brown should get something close to five games as he has been suspended before.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
i couldnt believe couture blasted lucic of all people. heh. i guess he was the closest target.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
What a fun game. Only caught the second half, but it's clear this team has some pep to it compared to last season.

That said, it's only been one game. Looking forward to the home opener and the first one I'm going to in like 6 or 7 years.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA

Non repeat offender only because the league has strangely ruled in his favor time and time again. When you have more youtube cheapshot videos than Fines/suspensions you wonder whether he has naughty pictures of Bettman or something.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
this win was well deserved. now, the sharks have blown out teams on day 1 for several years in a row but IMO this was the most convincing. they flat out dominated, it wasn't just high shooting %. they controlled that game from start to finish.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Anybody else feel a weird sense of confidence with Jones in net? Like... I was not worrying about losing the lead ever.

Might have been the great defensive effort too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad