GDT: Game 1 | Philadelphia @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
IMG_3494.jpeg

I won’t be able to be there this year for opening night. moved 800 miles away after growing up in columbus my whole life. this was from last year’s opening night. can’t wait to be back in the barn in 2 weeks for the islanders game. go jackets baby!!!!! been a long 6 months since we’ve seen our union and blue play a regular season game. LETS GO

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
It's a capitalism thing
Of course it is, but Bettman is doing a poor job for promoting the sport. The Premier League (soccer) is a good example of pumping out all the money and being available to anyone. The fees for broadcasting NHL games are minuscule. How is it even a national hockey league if you can’t watch all the games nationally?

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Well, I hope Bally's streaming is gonna be alright. I'm kinda surprised it's still around for Ohio honestly since it seems it's just the Cavaliers and Jackets for now(at least that was the package that was available for my location indicated).

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
Blackouts aren't just an NHL thing though, I live in Illinois so whenever a NFL game is shown on a local channel I can't watch it on my NFL Sunday ticket package.

Same goes for the NHL, I can't watch Chicago or STL games because in central IL I'm in both markets. Same goes for everyone in Columbus trying to watch Jackets games.

Otherwise, ESPN+ is absolutely amazing, especially if you are wanting to watch more than just the Jackets, every single game across the league is available as long as it's not on a national channel such as NHLN or NBC.

Playoffs was a different story.. some games were some weren't and it was a shit show.
As someone who also lived in Central Illinois for most of my life, that did get a bit frustrating. It wasn't just hockey, getting to watch the Indians/Guardians when they played the White Sox was a pain (luckily we could listen to Hammy on the radio).

ESPN+ has been a godsend for me as well. Highly recommend.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Bold prediction: Not only does Sillinger score the first goal of the season, but he also scores the second.

I just learned how to use the spoiler function:

Then he goes 15 games without another point.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
New players, new coach, new hope. I'm still on the fence with Jarmo and JD but saying that I am really excited for the season to start. We look like we have a good start to having a really good team with the current core and a couple more guys that are looking very promising coming soon. We will continue to argue back and forth about the best way to get there but it looks like we are set up pretty well for the future. I wonder if besides opening night 2000 that I ever wanted them to open with a win as today. Good luck tonight guys.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Don’t get the scratch of KJ……………I know Danforth is super awesome, but……

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

From the CBJ game preview:

3 Stats to Know​

• Boone Jenner continued to move up the team records books last season, finishing the year with 657 games played, just 17 behind Rick Nash for the most in team history. He is set to become the first player in team history to skate in 11 different seasons on opening night.
  • Columbus has gone 9-11-2 in season-opening games, including a 3-3-0 mark in the past six. Thursday’s contest against the Flyers marks the 15th time that the club will kick off a campaign at home.
  • Milestone watch: Patrik Laine is two goals from 200 for his NHL career (198-181-379, 462 GP). … D Andrew Peeke is five games away from his 200th NHL game (9-25-34, 195 GP).

Reactions: CBJx614

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad