GDT: Game 1 | Philadelphia @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
icegif-140.gif

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
That right side defense after Seversen, yikes.

Good thing we're playing one of the worst teams in the league.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We are absolutely trying our best to not make a big deal out of this, although it sometimes just comes out.

Understandable. This is all part of development for young players as well and every team goes through it. Not that it makes a difference when it is your guys, you can't help but worry things are going well.

We went through that in Toronto except our guys were dressed and stapled to the bench for the entire game to avoid the "healthy scratch" headlines in our media.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adam Fantilli said he got a text forwarded to him this morning from Wayne Gretzky wishing him luck in his NHL debut. <br><br>The two did meet briefly when Fantilli and other top draft picks were at the Stanley Cup Final in June. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CBJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#CBJ</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Svoboda (@JacketsInsider) <a href="">October 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Got this same text once. He also said that he was currently in exile and needed $5,000 wired to him.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I remember a couple years ago we had an opening night game against Arizona and won 7-3.

This game has a similar vibe, I think we should win in a convincing fashion.

I don’t understand what Sillinger did to deserve the first line spot, I’m pretty sure that line won’t work and will be reshuffled by the end of the game

So stoked that I live out of market now and will be able to watch all the Jackets games with ESPN+
I’m in a similar situation now, but I’d rather attend at NWA tbh

Reactions: HockeyVirus

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
It's amazing. Except where I'm at, I get blacked out for Chicago and STL games.
Just curious as watching games from Sweden and paying up my nostrils for a sports package where the NHL is what I want to watch, I can watch all the games whenever I want, what’s the deal with blackouts? Seems very contradictory to growing the game? Bettman should be fired and retired.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
When you get an opportunity to hire a disgraced coach who notoriously isn’t very good at developing youth, fire him before the season starts because he’s being a dick to the kids, promote his replacement three weeks before the season starts, then scratch your top 5 draft selection for a poor preseason, you cannot let that opportunity go to waste. Tremendous player development strategy at play here.

Reactions: We Want Ten

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just curious as watching games from Sweden and paying up my nostrils for a sports package where the NHL is what I want to watch, I can watch all the games whenever I want, what’s the deal with blackouts? Seems very contradictory to growing the game? Bettman should be fired and retired.
Blackouts aren't just an NHL thing though, I live in Illinois so whenever a NFL game is shown on a local channel I can't watch it on my NFL Sunday ticket package.

Same goes for the NHL, I can't watch Chicago or STL games because in central IL I'm in both markets. Same goes for everyone in Columbus trying to watch Jackets games.

Otherwise, ESPN+ is absolutely amazing, especially if you are wanting to watch more than just the Jackets, every single game across the league is available as long as it's not on a national channel such as NHLN or NBC.

Playoffs was a different story.. some games were some weren't and it was a shit show.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Blackouts aren't just an NHL thing though, I live in Illinois so whenever a NFL game is shown on a local channel I can't watch it on my NFL Sunday ticket package.

Same goes for the NHL, I can't watch Chicago or STL games because in central IL I'm in both markets. Same goes for everyone in Columbus trying to watch Jackets games.

Otherwise, ESPN+ is absolutely amazing, especially if you are wanting to watch more than just the Jackets, every single game across the league is available as long as it's not on a national channel such as NHLN or NBC.

Playoffs was a different story.. some games were some weren't and it was a shit show.
I’m just sorry for all the fans of NHL (and other sports) that they can’t bid for an actual nationwide deal that lets all the fans to watch all the games! This is a USA thing, and it sucks. Bettman is doing a poor job.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I’m just sorry for all the fans of NHL (and other sports) that they can’t bid for an actual nationwide deal that lets all the fans to watch all the games! This is a USA thing, and it sucks. Bettman is doing a poor job.

No it isn't.

Americans can watch more English soccer than people in England due to the same reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad