Pre-Game Talk: Game 1! NYR @ WPG, 7PM CT, Fri 10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well I won't go into politics because obviously but I live 45 minutes north of Tampa. Haven't had a bad hurricane in 100 years

Don't jinx yourself...

tenor.gif

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Sabres started Anderson tonight. Seems like the FA goalie of the off season crapped the bed in the preseason. Waiver wire here we come….

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Bowness with the Media today...

Preamble from Ken Weibe: One of the key ingredients on that front has been the attempt to ensure this team plays with pace in all three zones and doesn’t cheat for offence, instead fully committing to a structure that should reduce the high number of quality scoring chances allowed.

Bowness:
“The guys have caught on really well. I still see in games where the old way they were playing kicks in. That’s just ingrained in their head. Is it automatic yet? No. It’s not,” said Bowness. “When it’s not automatic there are some growing pains. So we’ll get through that. I know how they played in the past. I see them kind of going back to that.

“Not intentionally, it’s just a natural instinct. They’ve played that way for a couple of years. We’ll break those instincts. While you’re doing that, there are some growing pains. We’ll get them through it.”

Bowness with a throwdown on what went on over the last 3 years for sure...

:popcorn:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Bowness with the Media today...

Preamble from Ken Weibe: One of the key ingredients on that front has been the attempt to ensure this team plays with pace in all three zones and doesn’t cheat for offence, instead fully committing to a structure that should reduce the high number of quality scoring chances allowed.

Bowness:
“The guys have caught on really well. I still see in games where the old way they were playing kicks in. That’s just ingrained in their head. Is it automatic yet? No. It’s not,” said Bowness. “When it’s not automatic there are some growing pains. So we’ll get through that. I know how they played in the past. I see them kind of going back to that.

“Not intentionally, it’s just a natural instinct. They’ve played that way for a couple of years. We’ll break those instincts. While you’re doing that, there are some growing pains. We’ll get them through it.”

Bowness with a throwdown on what went on over the last 3 years for sure...

:popcorn:
Self coached teams, what could possibly go wrong?
Just think Maurice had many defenders here.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well I won't go into politics because obviously but I live 45 minutes north of Tampa. Haven't had a bad hurricane in 100 years

From what I can find Ian passed just South of you with a s**t ton of rain extending North of Tampa. Couldn't have missed the worst of the wind and storm surge by much. Not sure what a hurricane that is not bad would be like.

I don't want to go into politics either. But no one is unaffected, like it or not.

Hoping for a good game, but pretty unhappy with how the final D decision was reached. The Jets' best D prospect is unhappy with being sent to the minors, they lost another to waivers, all so they can keep a depth D in the press box and rotate the 3 of them into the 6th D role. I'm actually _really_ mad about that.

I don't think they got it right either, but lets see how it works out. I still hope it is Snerg playing and Stan in the PB and if not that Stan can be better under new coaching.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
From what I can find Ian passed just South of you with a s**t ton of rain extending North of Tampa. Couldn't have missed the worst of the wind and storm surge by much. Not sure what a hurricane that is not bad would be like.

I don't want to go into politics either. But no one is unaffected, like it or not.

I don't think they got it right either, but lets see how it works out. I still hope it is Snerg playing and Stan in the PB and if not that Stan can be better under new coaching.
Love how you just can't resist getting one last politics jab in. Not baiting me. We had practically zero effects here. Not saying it can't happen but I'll take the risk. I'm sitting on my pool deck right now enjoying a lovely evening :p

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Hoping for a good game, but pretty unhappy with how the final D decision was reached. The Jets' best D prospect is unhappy with being sent to the minors, they lost another to waivers, all so they can keep a depth D in the press box and rotate the 3 of them into the 6th D role. I'm actually _really_ mad about that.
We’re going to need everybody on their A -game, that’s for sure..It’s going to depend on frustrating the Rags to the point where they take penalties..and on the team as a whole not to take (m)any..

Reactions: macmaroon

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This place is going to be really interesting tomorrow either outcome!
Chinstraps on , lock and load

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
We’re going to need everybody on their A -game, that’s for sure..It’s going to depend on frustrating the Rags to the point where they take penalties..and on the team as a whole not to take (m)any..
They are my pick in the east to go to the cup finals. Rangers are goood

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Pumped for the new season
Go Jets!
Will observe if the positive change in attitude Jets according to new coach are really going to make a difference and worth following this year

Last edited:
Reactions: macmaroon

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
They are my pick in the east to go to the cup finals. Rangers are goood
Yeah they are a big, fast team, but they should be pretty tired, so that will give us an advantage.

Outlast the initial burst, play with nice, high-energy short shifts, skate them to exhaustion and into penalty trouble, and then put them away with the powerplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino