Pre-Game Talk: Game 1! NYR @ WPG, 7PM CT, Fri 10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I am lucky enough to get a seat in the Scotiabank box, lord knows I pay them enough interest these days!:mad:

But looking forward to a great Friday night season opener!

It would be real good to see the Jets really jump on the Rags early as this will be there 3rd game in 4 nights!

Gonna keep a close eye on Dubey on effort level.

Pumped to see Peperoni work those magic hand and HIGH hockey IQ:bow:

I hope the atmosphere will be like the honeymoon years!

Are we allowed to smoke in the building again yet?:yo:

GO JETS GO
:jets:jets:jets
I only accept free box tickets from banks for the draft :sarcasm:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They were in Maurice’s system. In the preseason they only played ~10 mins together but were over 90xG%, 3-0 in high danger chances.

I’m willing to give them a chance.

I think it was pretty obvious that Samberg has passed Stanley on the depth chart at this point. He's just a lot more mobile, something Stanley will never overtake him in.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I think it was pretty obvious that Samberg has passed Stanley on the depth chart at this point. He's just a lot more mobile, something Stanley will never overtake him in.
I don’t know if it’s obvious. Samberg made quite a few questionable passes in the preseason, as did Stanley of course, but I didn’t see a big difference. I actually think Stanley has higher offensive upside. It will be interesting to watch

Reactions: hn777

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don’t know if it’s obvious. Samberg made quite a few questionable passes in the preseason, as did Stanley of course, but I didn’t see a big difference. I actually think Stanley has higher offensive upside. It will be interesting to watch

The thing about Stanley's offensive upside is he will likely never be the better option there than Morrissey, Schmidt or Heinola. So he really shouldn't ever see PP time and will likely be leaned on more for his defensive zone play which I think Samberg is just better at. Sure Samberg made some mistakes but it's his first full year in the NHL. Stanley is on year 3 and not really showing any signs of being able to take the next step yet.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
How do ppl view samberg>Stanley so confidently? I don't think we've seen enough to say imo
Well, we've seen quite a bit of Stanley to know pretty well what he is: a decent 3rd pair option - as long as the opposition isn't playing a game that relies on speed (or he's sheltered from the speedy matchups). Although the Rags made the Lightning look slow out there the other night, so I dunno how this is going to pan out...

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Are the Jets the last team to play their 1st of the season? Because this waiting stuff is bullshit.

The NHL season starts and ends with the Jets for me, and I’m super annoyed that teams already are playing their 2nd or 3rd game of the season this Friday.
1665700374334.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't pay any never-mind to politics as I can't vote and it doesn’t really impact me.

I live in an area where the chance of a meaningful hurricane is next to none.

But enjoy the ❄️ ;)

I thought you lived in Flawda. Naples if memory serves.

No one is unaffected by politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad