Pre-Game Talk: Game 1! NYR @ WPG, 7PM CT, Fri 10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022
A shiny gold star for the NHL schedule makers for giving us days off before the season even starts then giving us a crap ton of back to backs the rest of the way.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
images (10).jpeg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
GOD I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS. Corona will be chilling, I might set up the projector and watch it on my pool deck but I'm sure my neighbors will hate me.

Obviously I want the Jets to get off to a hot start, but I am being realistic and understanding that this is a team that is going to need some games to really get into a rhythm. That coupled with a very stiff schedule might lead to some angst around here.

If the Jets can go 5-4 over the first 9 games I'll consider that a success, but mainly I will be looking at the way the team is playing and how effective our new systems are.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
GOD I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS. Corona will be chilling, I might set up the projector and watch it on my pool deck but I'm sure my neighbors will hate me.

Obviously I want the Jets to get off to a hot start, but I am being realistic and understanding that this is a team that is going to need some games to really get into a rhythm. That coupled with a very stiff schedule might lead to some angst around here.

If the Jets can go 5-4 over the first 9 games I'll consider that a success, but mainly I will be looking at the way the team is playing and how effective our new systems are.

It’s snowing here

We hate you …… :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I will be in Nashville Friday and travelling home Monday so I will miss the opening two games. Rangers look good so that is a tough test right off the bat.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Yeah I'm expecting it will take a good 10 games to commit the schemes to muscle memory. I think this team has something to prove though so I can see just that energy carrying them through the first few games while they work put the kinks in the new systems.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Appears I have to go watersliding tomorrow after work with the kid. Gonna miss the first 2 periods probably the third.

• Wow
Reactions: Jet

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I am lucky enough to get a seat in the Scotiabank box, lord knows I pay them enough interest these days!:mad:

But looking forward to a great Friday night season opener!

It would be real good to see the Jets really jump on the Rags early as this will be there 3rd game in 4 nights!

Gonna keep a close eye on Dubey on effort level.

Pumped to see Peperoni work those magic hand and HIGH hockey IQ:bow:

I hope the atmosphere will be like the honeymoon years!

Are we allowed to smoke in the building again yet?:yo:

GO JETS GO
:jets:jets:jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes