GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings | 10/14/2022 | 7 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
The "tough to play against" line gets repeated so much that it can sound a bit cliche, but I think you saw flashes of what it looks like in practice tonight.

Filter in Edvinsson and Kasper the next couple years here and continue to flesh out the roster via trades and free agency, I think you're looking a pretty imposing team.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Bolts fan coming in peace.

You got our coach and he's one hell of a coach.

I'm pulling for you guys until you play us. You're going to have a fun season with Lalonde's pressing style instead of the boring old NJ style type of game.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Our 3rd line won that game for us, the new comers will find their legs and get in rhythm soon enough. Top line looked dangerous all game.. Overall defensive game was improved but Montreal did take control for parts in the 2nd and 3rd. Good start, excited to see Ned and the boys tomorrow!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Did Chiarot get hurt or have equipment issues? I saw Mo with Maatta a few times but then Chia came back. His minutes were also pretty low.

Wish shift charts were still readily available....

EDIT - found it... hidden in the bottom corner

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The "tough to play against" line gets repeated so much that it kind sound a bit cliche, but I think you saw flashes of what it looks like in practice tonight.

Filter in Edvinsson and Kasper the next couple years here and continue to flesh out the roster via trades and free agency, I think you're looking a pretty imposing team.

Yeah, that was the "bashing thing" on an era, when our team was lacking skill and fans were desperate for new skill.

Drafting physical players for the next generation created absolute hatered.

But, this is the way it goes. I think I wrote about it before. Think I was told to be the biggest idiot on this board if I remember right.

- You have to draft these BULLDOZER guys first. Because they develop slow.
- The skill will come after.
- And when the skill comes, those skill guys will hit on their prime earlier, but same time as these earlier drafter bulldozers.

Like it is now. Raymond is 20. Rasmussen is 23. Kasper is 18. Elmer is 21.

It's a timing thing to build an organizational prime.

Reactions: Dtybur

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
So I was at the griffins game which was disappointing. Awesome to see the big dub! Elmer with the winner and Husso with the shutout. Who were the standouts other than those two?

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Red Wings hockey BayBay!!! My god i love hockey, immediately after the puck dropped i got this warm feeling inside me, from the head to the knees. Hockey is back, YES!!!

Lalonde first game, first win.
Söderblom first game in the NHL, first goal and immediately a game winning goal.
Määttä, a goal and Husso, a shutout. And Husso a first debutant in 70 years to have shutout in debut game. Fun to Fin.

Keep calm and trust the Yzerplan!

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Red Wings hockey BayBay!!! My god i love hockey, immediately after the puck dropped i got this warm feeling inside me, from the head to the knees. Hockey is back, YES!!!

Lalonde first game, first win.
Söderblom first game in the NHL, first goal and immediately a game winning goal.
Määttä, a goal and Husso, a shutout. And Husso a first debutant in 70 years to have shutout in debut game. Fun to Fin.

Keep calm and trust the Yzerplan!
Oh and i almost forgot, Dach fears Seider. Pass it along, the world needs to know.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Vrana - Copp - Perron line didn't work at all.

Larkin line was fine. Rasmussen too, and Veleno get something going.

But man, that 2nd one was poor.

Think it's time to try Raymond there.
I'm not surprised, considering that's the line with the least time together. Copp had been hurt, Perron is also new to the team, and Vrana is still trying to remember what it's like to start a season being healthy.

Give everybody a few more weeks to get into a rhythm. November should be even more fun to watch once the entire roster gets rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad