GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings | 10/14/2022 | 7 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Good thing HF Red Wings section wasn't allowed to trade Rasmussen for a bucket of pucks.

I hope that line can keep it up, they were fun to watch. Any stat guys have their offensive zone time? They really didn't get a ton of minutes but curious what their possesion was compared to the other lines.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
1665799056341.png

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, genuinely don't know why they sent down Berggren to keep Erne.

Because Erne is a 4th line grinder and Berggren is not. Because they already have a few guys who are in the “if you’re not going to play big minutes, you’re not going to be here”

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
IMO that 3rd line is about as much of an energy line as you can get and as a “4th” like they should run a scoring line

They very easily can. Erne is basically a 13th forward, in my opinion. I'm adamantly against Zadina playing there, but a kid like Berggren would be good with that line. Or maybe in the near future a kid like Mazur.

Because Erne is a 4th line grinder and Berggren is not. Because they already have a few guys who are in the “if you’re not going to play big minutes, you’re not going to be here”

False. Erne does zero grinding because he can't skate fast enough to get in the corners with the opposition.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Even though the 2nd line was uninspiring, no one was bad or had me yelling at my tv. That was refreshing and good to see, especially after I really questioned some of our signings (Maatta)

It’s one game, but it’s a nice start
Agreed the second line wasn't great but since Copp has been hurt they haven't played together. I think they will be fine in a while.

Reactions: Realgud

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
nice start to the season
husso shutout!
soderbolm first goal and 5 sog!

soderbolm keeps this up and zadina is done
good fight between veleno and suter. i think veleno wins this. younger, cheaper, looks to score about same pace, and kills penalties

good job yzerman! see you guys tomorrow night!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Ummmm “that’s not the first thing Jimmy did for me. Us goalies take care of each other…”.

Thank god we don’t have a r/wingsfanfics like the Canes do

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Good thing HF Red Wings section wasn't allowed to trade Rasmussen for a bucket of pucks.

I hope that line can keep it up, they were fun to watch. Any stat guys have their offensive zone time? They really didn't get a ton of minutes but curious what their possesion was compared to the other lines.
100%.

3 or 4 times Rasmussen drove the net hard too. Guys on TSN said it 3 or 4 times that he’s just a different player than they’ve seen before.

People need to understand he lost almost 2 full development seasons. Covid and his 19 year old year where he was just too good to play in juniors but couldn’t play in the AHL.

Best thing they did was send him down for that year to play C at the pro level, cause he is a natural C. What LA needs to do with Byfield, and I think they are now.

Big guys just take longer. He’s only 23 still and he’s going to be a very good player. He stays healthy in that big body, he can be a force.

Reactions: 14ari13 and Taswell

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

Their possession metrics were pretty f***ing good. Like, best on the team

Reactions: haulinbass

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
10min on the 4th line is way better for your development than getting trucked by a scrub in the minors.

Reactions: Dtybur

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Newsy and the new blood have invigorated the Wings. Low scoring affair for a bit tonight but not for lack of trying. When the big guns get fired up this team is going to roll.

I was able to catch a lot more than I thought I would. Missed a decent chunk of the 2nd due to a work situation I could not avoid. This is where ESPN+ earns lots of value for me. Can go back whenever I want for the replay to listen to Mickey's sweet voice and relive the action and experience what I missed.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Don't know about offensive zone times, but I can quarantee it, it was the best Red Wings effort ever since I've been watching any advanced stats.

Period.

And I mean I have done it maybe since 2012. When we were last time good. Real gud. Of course there's some historical stats, and only 2007-08 team was able to play games like this.

That's the bar. 2007-08 team is the team what we should be always.

Puck luck was bad. We DOMINATED. It should have been 5-0 win.

It's a nice feeling to reborn as a fan. No tank feelings. Only feeling is the will to win every night. And this team gives the chance. The reall will came back. I was sure about it after the free agency, but maybe now, more people will understand how much better we are.

We are finally entering on a good era. Would you trust Yzerman?

I would.

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I've always liked Rasmussen. He's not going to be a top 30 goal scorer in the league. But plays an important role and the type of guy you need to win championships. If he was drafted 80th overall, everyone would be ecstatic with his development thus far. I think people have unrealistic expectations and it's unfair to these young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad