GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings | 10/14/2022 | 7 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Best coaching win % in NHL history for Lalonde. Yaaaaaaaaa

Big Elmer with his first career goal

#27 finally putting together a performance that everyone can agree was a great effort

Goalie played his tush off

Pretty good start If you ask me

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hell yea what a great opening night. I'm just happy we get to watch them play again tomorrow night!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think the big line encourages Rasmussen to play bigger and that is good for his game. He was also pretty direct tonight, but I really liked how Ras played and it was nice to see him be rewarded like that on the stat sheet. Him taking a big step and having a bottom 6 line with a identity would be huge for this team. It is just one game, they have to keep it up, but it was certainly interesting to see them push the game and game style when they were on ice.

N0cturne

Jul 10, 2022
Let me just say that if you get this kind of entertaining hockey on night #1 with zero chemistry outside of one line... this is going to be a great season.
Yea we thoroughly dominated tonight. Gave up a few chances but man once we get some more chemistry and get things clicking we will be blowing out teams.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think the big line encourages Rasmussen to play bigger and that is good for his game. He was also pretty direct tonight, but I really liked how Ras played and it was nice to see him be rewarded like that on the stat sheet. Him taking a big step and having a bottom 6 line with a identity would be huge for this team. It is just one game, they have to keep it up, but it was certainly interesting to see them push the game and game style when they were on ice.

Yep, instead of playing with guys who try to skill it up a lot or play east west, that line just went out and imposed their size on whoever was out against them. The habs arent good, but when your line average is 6'6", 220 lbs theres going to be no pairing in the league that can completely handle that.

The wings defended that empty net with that line plus Chiarot and Seider. Legit average of 6'5, 220lbs. Good luck against that

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
Having linemates who play a style together helps keep the game simple. Hard on the puck, one guy high, work the cycle. Get the puck deep. It helps keep the opponent from forcing them to play a lot in their end also.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
On one of the first shifts, I watch Soderblom play keep away along the boards for a long time and I thought "Wow, a big man keeping his feet and possession on the boards... why could Rasmussen never do that?" and then the puck moved to Ras and I was expecting him to fall over and give the puck away but no, he played keep away as well. I hope he actually worked on it over the off season.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Watched the game on TSN and they couldn’t stop complimenting Rasmussen. He deserved those last 2 points if anyone did tonight. I’m sure he’ll take that 3 point game.

Was surprised how well Haag played after missing all of camp, and I have to give it to Chariot tonight. He was solid. I’m not a big fan of his at all, but he played well.

Hronek played really well too. He had one screw up but actually recovered well.

And then Big Elmer. That line was really good tonight and he’s going to benefit playing with Rasmussen and Sundqvist too. Three players who are hard to play against on that same line.

Good start. Struggled getting things going in the second but they responded really well, playing pretty tight d in the 3rd too. Give it to Husso too btw.

Good effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad