Post-Game Talk: Game 1: Leafs @ Bruins - A stinker - Get 4 bad plays at price of 1 - Kostko

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
you have an answer for everything, don't you?:sarcasm:

Sorry, I just see him getting beat in the glove side area too many times, that doesn't give me much confidence in him long term.

Perhaps the reason you see him beat on the glove-hand more often than anywhere else, is because he's actually very good at covering the rest of the net, and his glove hand just isn't as steller.

Guy played 33 games and only lost 8 in regulation, with a .924 save percentage. Even if you are right and his glove is terrible, who cares? It's not hurting him or the Leafs ability to win games, which is weird if all teams have to do is shoot glove to beat him. Why can't they take advantage of it?

If his glove is problematic for him, and he corrected it, that would make him a top3 goalie in the league, easily. Probably the best.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Redden's shot went glove side. Wouldn't say the goal was high glove, but Redden was shooting there. Redden was shooting high glove again on Horton's goal but it deflected in. Would gamble that he would of scored on it anyway.

Um no. Given that Reimer was arguing with ref about a possible high-stick, I am going to say that he had the puck trajectory as it was going high and the re-direct fooled him.

So, your gamble (without any backup argument) stands wrong there.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'll worry about the Reimer when the Leafs aren't letting Boston have the puck for 90% of the game. It's bad enough the chances that will come against you, but can't get back in a game if you never have the puck.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Hate to say it,but,Komi is needed.Carlyle needs to man up for the good of the team and forget about their differences.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'll worry about the Reimer when the Leafs aren't letting Boston have the puck for 90% of the game. It's bad enough the chances that will come against you, but can't get back in a game if you never have the puck.

True. The only time the Leafs had the puck was when the Bruins dumped it in for a line change :laugh:

You can't really blame your goalie when your team doesn't even show up.

This game could have been much worse, so I thank Reimer for making sure this game was not a complete embarrassment.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
****!! if only that JVR shot went in instead of hitting the ****ing post. What could of been..

ahhhh man can't stop thinking about the game. Nervous/excited about the next game.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
****!! if only that JVR shot went in instead of hitting the ****ing post. What could of been..

ahhhh man can't stop thinking about the game. Nervous/excited about the next game.

Agreed ... Those last minute goals are killer, it's one thing when you hit a post like that with 25 seconds left .. But it's another when the other team goes back the other way and scores for 15 second left

What's clear to me is that while I like Carlyle trying to spread the offense out to match Boston's depth, Lupul has to go back with Kadri, I think Frattin needs to get into the line up and one of Orr or McLaren taken out .. IMO Frattin NEEDS to get back with Kadri, he's been buried in the depth after his injury and you can't deny the chemistry these two have .. Get Frattin going and he'll be huge

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
MacA - Grabo - Kulemin <- this line just needs to get on their cycle game and be solid defensively, hope to chip in a goal here and there
Komarov - McClement - Orr/McLaren

On defense, it's so clear that a key to beating Boston is by VERY good puck movement through the neutral zone ... The Leafs defensemen where getting killed on their breakout passes by Boston clogging the zone, remove Kostka and put Gardiner in .. Roll with Liles and Gardiner and let them skate it out of trouble when need be

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Agreed ... Those last minute goals are killer, it's one thing when you hit a post like that with 25 seconds left .. But it's another when the other team goes back the other way and scores for 15 second left

What's clear to me is that while I like Carlyle trying to spread the offense out to match Boston's depth, Lupul has to go back with Kadri, I think Frattin needs to get into the line up and one of Orr or McLaren taken out .. IMO Frattin NEEDS to get back with Kadri, he's been buried in the depth after his injury and you can't deny the chemistry these two have .. Get Frattin going and he'll be huge

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
MacA - Grabo - Kulemin <- this line just needs to get on their cycle game and be solid defensively, hope to chip in a goal here and there

On defense, it's so clear that a key to beating Boston is by VERY good puck movement through the neutral zone ... The Leafs defensemen where getting killed on their breakout passes by Boston clogging the zone, remove Kostka and put Gardiner in .. Roll with Liles and Gardiner and let them skate it out of trouble when need be

That's one thing the Leafs don't like doing though buddy. Is skating out out of trouble when need be. They just flip it up. Sometimes you do gotta move because we're not winning puck battles.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin

I agree with Komarov on the 4th line, he's a great hitter and energy guy but he doesn't have any puck skills it seems.

bruins seguin 19*

what a pick up!

guys honestly i think the steal of trade deadline day was wade redden for a 7th round pick. chiarelli is pure gold. nonis just picks up oburn? should have gotten redden he was cheap and extremely effective.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
guys honestly i think the steal of trade deadline day was wade redden for a 7th round pick. chiarelli is pure gold. nonis just picks up oburn? should have gotten redden he was cheap and extremely effective.

Yep!

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

LOLOLOL typical over reaction. Redden isn't any better than Kostka or Obyrne other than the experience factor.

Guy has had one good game, for the most part a non factor all year. Relax.

I'm not worried about this team. That's the worst game I've seen them play in the last month, worse than the mtl loss. I don't even want to say the Bruins were unstoppable, we gave them chance after chance with poor decision making and turnovers.

The nerves should be out after that one. I expect a calm collected and crisp team ready for Saturday night. I won't be truly worried until we drop a game on home ice.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011

Yeah and if only JVR didn't make a bone-headed play right after by going for a hit instead of the puck, the game would've been tied going into the 2nd.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Even if JVR had scored that second game. Boston went into God of War mode.

In other words Boston had that game regardless of what could have happened. Alright we got it out of our system. We bombed a game so bad that 4-1 actually looks like a pretty good score after it.

Do you know why we fall Mr.Wayne? So we can pick ourselves up again

MapleLeafGardens*

Leafs lose 4-1
Jays lose 10-1
TFC lose 6-0

MLSE appreciates our generosity.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Even if JVR had scored that second game. Boston went into God of War mode.

In other words Boston had that game regardless of what could have happened. Alright we got it out of our system. We bombed a game so bad that 4-1 actually looks like a pretty good score after it.

Do you know why we fall Mr.Wayne? So we can pick ourselves up again

I disagree. A short handed goal to take the lead would have sucked a ton of life out of the Bruins and their crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA