Post-Game Talk: Game 1: Leafs @ Bruins - A stinker - Get 4 bad plays at price of 1 - Kostko

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The nerves should be out after that one. I expect a calm collected and crisp team ready for Saturday night. I won't be truly worried until we drop a game on home ice.

Bruins don't need to win any games on the road to win the series. ;)

Bruins had 11 players alone dressed yesterday that we're returning players from their recent Stanley Cup team and Leafs had 11 players that have never played in a NHL playoff game before.

That showed in all aspects of the game and unfortunately a single NHL game is not going to change that advantage much.

You simply can't beat experience, and so its going to have to be a lot more than nerves out of the way to swing the momentum of this series our way.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
They have some winners on the team, some previous champions from various other leagues, it will just take some time.

Step by step.

Agreed. I don't think anyone's expecting them to do any damage this year.

However, that doesn't excuse their play. Play like you mean it. Play hard.

The team that showed up last night should be ashamed of that performance.

This is my year!
Dec 19, 2011
The past
Sorry about game one guys, it was all my fault. Forgot to put my Maple Leafs flag on my truck but I found it and put it on after the game last night. In my defense, it's been nine years and took awhile for me to find.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins don't need to win any games on the road to win the series. ;)

Bruins had 11 players alone dressed yesterday that we're returning players from their recent Stanley Cup team and Leafs had 11 players that have never played in a NHL playoff game before.

That showed in all aspects of the game and unfortunately a single NHL game is not going to change that advantage much.

You simply can't beat experience, and so its going to have to be a lot more than nerves out of the way to swing the momentum of this series our way.

I don't agree.

That first game is a big hump for a lot of guys. I thought our 3rd period was better than the first two. Sure well never have the experience the Bs have, but being able to settle in a bit should eliminate some of those bonehead plays, that we didn't see during the season.

There were a lot of deer caught in headlights type of mistakes last game. I think game 2 will be much more sound performance. Getting back to the routine plays like off the glass and out, more dump and chase and getting the cycle going will even the playing field.

It may not mean a win, but it will mean a much more competitive peformance

Alflives*

he's actually very good at covering the rest of the net, and his glove hand just isn't as steller.

Which is why he can't allow goals to go under or through him, and in game one he did. He an be very good, but those types of goals are deflating to his teammates. The Leafs were doing well, until Riemer let in a 'softy'. Those 'softies' are momentum killers. His coaches or teammates won't say it, and they shouldn't. Reimer has shaky confidence as it is.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Which is why he can't allow goals to go under or through him, and in game one he did. He an be very good, but those types of goals are deflating to his teammates. The Leafs were doing well, until Riemer let in a 'softy'. Those 'softies' are momentum killers. His coaches or teammates won't say it, and they shouldn't. Reimer has shaky confidence as it is.

If there is ANY positives that I'm taking, it's that Reimer looked decent in the third period when the team mailed it in in front of him.

Alflives*

If there is ANY positives that I'm taking, it's that Reimer looked decent in the third period when the team mailed it in in front of him.

The pressure was off. Everyone new the game was lost. It's said: "there is nothing like play-off pressure." If Riemer lets another one (or 2) get through him in game 2, do you think we will see Scrivens, or does he get the start at home, no matter?

Penalty Kill Icing*

I thought the same, but then even Bruins kind of toned it down given that game was already in bag.

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
I lose faith only when I see Kostka on ice. Fraser has been brutal for the past few weeks too. Gardiner is 100 times better.. I'd take my chances with him.

Carlyle said there will be changes, we will see.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
They choked and the more they tried, the more mistakes they made. It's alright. This is how they will learn.

Bingo. You can't expect a whole lot from a team who hasn't played playoff hockey in years, wasn't even expected to make it this year, and all of a sudden be knee deep in a best of 7 against Boston. Class is in session, I just hope they can cheat their way to a few wins.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
lol we been hearing that since 1967 when these TV's where common in people's homes..

tv-adverts_1502264f.jpg

I watched the last Cup win, and we had colour and cable.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Should never have traded Kaberle :sarcasm:

Well Kaberle was an elite PMD when he was here and a whole lot of good the return from that trade is doing us right now in the playoffs, eh? Maybe in a few years.

Anyways, Pre-Game is up for the next game.

leafstilldeath*

was wathcin the post game

Carlyle: Thorton came of the bench after the buzzer to intervene in Leo Vs Kelly???

Is that true I cant seem to remember who was on ice at that time with all the tears in my eyes it was very foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad