Post-Game Talk: Game 1: Leafs @ Bruins - A stinker - Get 4 bad plays at price of 1 - Kostko

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Boston 4, Leafs 1: Boston Leads ECQF 1-0

Okay. that was a not so good game.

however, I did see some positives.

A: that we scored 1 powerplay goal.
B: we killed all but 1 powerplay goal. (one can argue that's a negative, but, whatever).
C: until the failed Kostka block shot, we were playing really well.
D: we won a LOT of faceoffs. (thanks, Bozak).

Changes for game 2:

A: I'd sit down Kostka. I'd CONTEMPLATE bringing in Gardiner. It wouldn't hurt us more than it already has.

B: the Leafs can't freak out when mistakes happen. It's going to happen more than naught, and they freak out and they play scared.

C: tighten up defensively.

D: hit!

it's a marathon, not a sprint.

there were positives, and we have to get better. I know we will.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
3rd period had some positives, but yes, alot to work on for game 2.

Reimer wasn't as solid as he was. Leafs didn't get many chances (3 all game).

Either way, let's look forward to Saturday. Game to get organized. No experience, and you could tell.

GO LEAFS GO!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Just amazing how this game could ahve been different if that JvR short handed goal went in.

2-2 going to the second would have been a whole different story.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
The majority of the team didn't show up. JVR and Grabo were fantastic, both came to play. Same with Gunnarsson and Phaneuf.

Role players did their part (Komarov, McClement, Orr, and McClaren).

Fraser, Kostka, Kadri, Lupul, and MacArthur. All of them were terrible.

Reimer did nothing to convince people he is a legit NHL starter.

Most of the game was played with us scrambling in our own zone, with turnover after turnover allowing that to happen, and when you have your forwards like Kadri doing the same, it makes the game that much harder. Plenty of major issues to be addressed before Saturday.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Meh, sort of expected this. Teased us at the start but we got outplayed. Time to see what they're made of and who bounces back next game. Can't hide in a 7 game series. One gripe I have is why on earth is MacCarthur an "A"? Has this guy shown any intensity or heart in our playoff push? Probably one of the players I'm most disappointed in this year. Oh and Kostka being Kostka tonight. I cringed whenever him and Fraser were on the ice together. I thought the Lupul, Grabo, Kuli line was our best by far, with JVR and McClemment playing well tonight.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
My analysis:

Kostka cost us a chance to win this game. Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.Kostka cost us a chance to win this game.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Hemmed in our zone for majority of the game. 4th line with no bite. Get them the **** out if they're not going to cause havoc. We got beat up pretty bad. On to game 2

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
We need more mobility on the backend, that means Jake Gardiner. Kostka and Fraser were both absolutely abysmal, maybe slot in ROB.

We need to be more physical, and we need to improve our breakouts, our defensemen had no one to pass to half the time and thus looked exceptionally poor. People have to get open, or carry the puck further, and make smarter decisions with the puck.

That was one of the worst games I've had the displeasure of watching but I'm not about to throw in the towel just yet, it's game one, the first playoff game for a lot of our players.

Hopefully Carlyle makes the necessary adjustments and we take what we need from this game so we can come out better in game two.

Let's try and remain optimistic fellas, seriously, it sucked, we can all agree on that, but no one wants to be depressed and angry as an entire forum, it's no fun at all. We just happened to get matched up with literally our worst opponent, and it's showing, but we've played them well in the past and there's still plenty of time to turn this one around.

Go Leafs Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad