Pre-Game Talk: Game #1 Habs vs Knights, Monday June 14th 9pm

Who will take round 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Let's get ready for round 3.

The Habs will look to put a 8th straight wins.
The Knights will look for a 5th straight wins.

It's Pacioretty versus Suzuki
It's Fleury versus Price

It's TVASport being annoying as hell since there's a couple a Quebecers on the other side.

But more importantly, it's the first time in 7 years we make it there.
Enjoy!!

Here's the full schedule for round 3
E3koOfyWUAENBZl

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I dunno, gonna be a tough one. Just continue to play our game is about all I can say. I’m not so worried about goals against as I am scoring ourselves. Guess it’ll depend on which MAF we see.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Bad news: Vegas has the roster to short-circuit our offence and overwhelm our D. If Fleury is "On", the Habs' minor surge in scoring could disappear quickly and we could go back to being a 1 or 2-goal team.

Good news: Caufield and Suzuki are gaining confidence with each game. They could come into their own this series. Toffoli has gotten hot, our 4th line is terrific. We could win games through relentless pressure, if not pure talent.

Both teams play tight and have strong goalies; I'm expecting a battle of defensive mistakes. While the whole "North sucks" cliche is a dumb meme, there's no question Vegas has a better roster than Montreal. Vegas should win this in 5 or 6, but the fun is in the vast unknown that overwrites all the shoulds and turns everyone's predictions on their heads. Here's hoping for another 'unknown'...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good Luck Habs. But that's the end. Clearly we work better against team that mostly bet on their talent, with limited effort. That ain't Vegas. Vegas is the Habs with an addition of more mobile D and better 3rd and 4th lines that we've ever faced. I really don't see it at all.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
WOW series odds are around 4 to 1 in favour of Vegas. I locked a 50$ at 48-1 odds for a Habs Stanley cup in the pre season…I think I’ll put a 3 figures on the Habs in this series, although I think Vegas should be favoured, 4 to 1 is astounding odds in today’s NHL. I mean, they went 7 games against Minny which is not a better team then Montreal.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Bad news: Vegas has the roster to short-circuit our offence and overwhelm our D. If Fleury is "On", the Habs' minor surge in scoring could disappear quickly and we could go back to being a 1 or 2-goal team.

Good news: Caufield and Suzuki are gaining confidence with each game. They could come into their own this series. Toffoli has gotten hot, our 4th line is terrific. We could win games through relentless pressure, if not pure talent.

Both teams play tight and have strong goalies; I'm expecting a battle of defensive mistakes. While the whole "North sucks" cliche is a dumb meme, there's no question Vegas has a better roster than Montreal. Vegas should win this in 5 or 6, but the fun is in the vast unknown that overwrites all the shoulds and turns everyone's predictions on their heads. Here's hoping for another 'unknown'...

They do have a better rosters overall.....but there's 2 things I like about the Habs versus the Knights.

1- Price is the better goalie
2- The Habs center line is better than Vegas

As for offensive power
Toronto still had Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Muzzin
Not sure I would put Pacioretty, Stone, Marchessault, Pietrangelo, Theodore ahead of Toronto's fire power

And Minnesota dragged Vegas to a game 7 despite being a very good team and it will be the 1st time Vegas face a big defense like the Habs in the PO. Minnesota and Colorado's defense were not very big.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Good Luck Habs. But that's the end. Clearly we work better against team that mostly bet on their talent, with limited effort. That ain't Vegas. Vegas is the Habs with an addition of more mobile D and better 3rd and 4th lines that we've ever faced. I really don't see it at all.

Pietrangelo best dman in the NHL.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
They do have a better rosters overall.....but there's 2 things I like about the Habs versus the Knights.

1- Price is the better goalie
2- The Habs center line is better than Vegas

As for offensive power
Toronto still had Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Muzzin
Not sure I would put Pacioretty, Stone, Marchessault, Pietrangelo, Theodore ahead of Toronto's fire power

And Minnesota dragged Vegas to a game 7 despite being a very good team and it will be the 1st time Vegas face a big defense like the Habs in the PO. Minnesota and Colorado's defense were not very big.

Marchessault is a brilliant petit gars de chez nous talent.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
It's funny how these "analysts" try to predict sweeps when literally the only two sweeps that have happened in the playoffs so far were the least unpredictable things ever.

Picking a team not to win a single game is serious disrespect. Some Tim Kavanaugh clown for ESPN has literally picked the Habs to get swept in both the Leafs and Jets series.

The Wild took these guys the distance at the beginning of the playoffs when everyone was rested and rearing to go. We'll make it a series, no matter the outcome.

GHG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad