Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The matchups in Boston will be interesting. I am assuming that because the B's have last change, Cassidy will try to get the Bergeron line against Matthews?

I'm guessing in Toronto Babcock will get Kadri (or maybe Plekanec) against that top line, a luxury he won't have in Boston.

Yeah, we need the rest of the team to step up. Bergeron will definitely be on Matthews whenever possible and if Bergeron can shut down Crosby in his prime, he can shut down Matthews. If those lines cancel each other out, we need the rest of the lines to step up and win their battles.

Win the first game and the second game becomes a freebie as most teams starting on the road would easily take a 1-1 tie back home.

Reactions: Liminality

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
From Paul Hendrick....

If you’re into numbers and quirky stats-stuff.....this is the 67th playoff appearance for the Leafs all time, and head to head with Boston in the Post Season the Leafs have a win /loss record of 34-34. Read into such as you will. #tmltalk

If you're into numbers, you may wonder how the record can be 34-34 in 66 games played. :sarcasm:

Reactions: 99664987 and Pi

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Go Leafs Go!

Ugh gonna be stuck at work pretty late tonight so probably only going to catch the third period. Bah.

Leafs playoffs should be an official holiday.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
If the Bergeron line goes head-to-head with Matthews in Boston, as expected, the second and third lines might really be able to take advantage.

Here's hoping.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
giphy.gif

Game time bois

Leafs in 3

DBZ characters must spend a fortune on clothing. Theyre constantly exploding

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If it's the 67th playoff appearance, they cannot be 34-34 against each other because that would mean they have played 68 games already.
67x4=268 minimum games played by the Leafs in their 67 playoff appearances. Plenty of room for the Leafs to have played 68 of them against the Bruins.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
67x4=268 minimum games played by the Leafs in their 67 playoff appearances. Plenty of room for the Leafs to have played 68 of them against the Bruins.

OH. I get it now. I haven't had my coffee yet. In my defense, that was a confusing tweet to read. It should have just stated that the Bruins and Leafs are 34-34 against each other in the playoffs. I guess 67 was added because of 1967. Threw me off.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I've never wanted a time machine more for just skipping 8 hours

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
I'm not giving zero credit my man, did you read my whole post? I gave three scenarios. If the Bruins walloped the leafs tonight to me it would mean the leafs laid an egg, I think these teams are pretty even so in order for it not to be a close game, one team has to lay an egg. That's my point

I did read your three scenarios and they all involve either a close game, Bruins "skunking" the leafs, or the Bruins "laying and egg". Either than the close game scenario to me it seems like you think the fate of the game rests entirely on the Bruins shoulders ... so yes no credit to the leafs, my man

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yep. Kind of leaves Marner to run wild.

Also presents an interesting question of which powerplay unit their top PKer's face.
....and wild he will run.
It should come as no surprise if he leads this series in points.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Fingers crossed for an off night for the Bs
Yeh, the Leafs really need them to lay an egg to have any shot at winning the game...
Granted, they could open up an omelet restaurant with all the regular season eggs they've been laying vs TO :laugh:

Reactions: Schooner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad