Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I love how it has to be the Bruins 'laying an egg' for the leafs to beat them badly. Talk about giving zero credit to the leafs team..

It's been like that for the last 2 years. If you go into other teams GDT they are all like "We're playing like crap". So either the Leafs are the luckiest team of all time always catching teams on bad nights, or the Leafs speed and skill gives trouble for most teams in the league.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I love how it has to be the Bruins 'laying an egg' for the leafs to beat them badly. Talk about giving zero credit to the leafs team..
Haha, I know right.
I'm lead to believe this Bruins team is up there with the 84/85 Oilers.
We'll see tonight, I guess.

Reactions: Schooner

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's been like that for the last 2 years. If you go into other teams GDT they are all like "We're playing like crap". So either the Leafs are the luckiest team of all time always catching teams on bad nights, or the Leafs speed and skill gives trouble for most teams in the league.

Bruins get that treatment a lot. It's the Bergeron effect. 9 games out of 10, teams will talk about how their first line never showed up or played poorly. Ya, because you were up against the best 2 way match-up centre in the NHL. He makes everyone look like they've had an off night.
It's kinda novel for you guys, but you grow accustomed.

Reactions: Kamiccolo

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I’ll go with “It’s the Refs”.... The leafs apparently get special treatment.

IIRC: Leafs are something like 3rd last in the NHL in PP time(Which is absolutely mind boggling being one of the fastest teams in the league).... hoping everything “evens out” like people say.

Refs are less likely to call penalties if the team puts it in the back of the net 30 percent of the time.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
By the end of the series, Bruins fans will appreciate Marner is closer to a young Kane than "Kane-lite".

Toronto fans will appreciate that McAvoy is a Matthews level talent.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I feel dirty, I'm really excited to watch this game and I'm cheering for the Leafs :scared:

Can.....can I see you in the kitchen for a minute.

Sorry everyone. We will be right back.

hells-kitchen-gordon-ramsey-yelling-2.jpg

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Predictable.

McAvoy looks good but Matthews is a Calder winning rookie who put up 40 goals centering what became the Leafs top line that was made up entirely of rookies.

It’s not really a slight to suggest he’s not on Matthews level. He looks really good but Matthews is clearly a better player.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Predictable.

Well yeah, that would be a predictable response to a ridiculous claim.

You’re more likely to see that Travis Dermott is a McAvoy level talent than McAvoy being anywhere near Matthews’. Wasn’t Carlo getting the “next one” hype from you guys in his rookies season too, something about playing next to Chara.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
By the end of the series, Bruins fans will appreciate Marner is closer to a young Kane than "Kane-lite".

Toronto fans will appreciate that McAvoy is a Matthews level talent.

meh, I've learned this season that basically everybody is a Matthews level talent.

It's nothing special.

Reactions: Brock Radunske
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad