Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
the leafs and bruins are both 34-34-1 all time against each other in the playoffs. its gonna be the 70th playoff meeting

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
If it's the 67th playoff appearance, they cannot be 34-34 against each other because that would mean they have played 68 games already.

so let's use 5.5 games as the length of an average series. This means that out of the 67 playoff appearances by the Leafs they have played Boston 12 times.

That is 67 playoff appearances by the Leafs, not 67 playoff game aagisnt the Bruins.

In the 67 playoff appearances by the Leafs they have played 68 GAMES against Boston.

Edit: I see this has been addressed.

Reactions: egd27

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
so let's use 5.5 games as the length of an average series. This means that out of the 67 playoff appearances by the Leafs they have played Boston 12 times.

That is 67 playoff appearances by the Leafs, not 67 playoff game aagisnt the Bruins.

In the 67 playoff appearances by the Leafs they have played 68 GAMES against Boston.

Edit: I see this has been addressed.

Got it.....I misinterpreted the original post.

So 67 = Last Cup

34-34 = 2 X AM34

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Bruins are unbeaten against the Leafs this year when Matthews was on the roster.
Matthews is on the roster tonight.
Bruins will win.
Yes, a game when you guys were rested on a home stretch when we were on our 3rd game in 4 days is DEFINITELY a good representation. But we have to forget the rest of the games in the past 2 seasons because.. well those facts just don't fit our narrative

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's a video that's only for Boston fans and those types of biased videos shouldn't be in the OP posts of main board GDTs so happy it was excluded

Hell even the 2nd last media link shouldn't be in it

Obviously nitpicking but they're supposed to be not biased for 1 team, even though I expect you just brought your own GDT over from the Bruins board to here without having that intention

Wow, I can tell you haven’t seen a lot of playoff GDTs.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins are 1-0 with Chara and Matthews in the line up, Matthews held pointless.
I am like FOX news, bending the truth to be correct.

60% of the time, it works everytime.

I for one am super excited, and if my team does lose, I will continue to live my life and everything will still be alright, this big old world will keep spinning round.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Yes, a game when you guys were rested on a home stretch when we were on our 3rd game in 4 days is DEFINITELY a good representation. But we have to forget the rest of the games in the past 2 seasons because.. well those facts just don't fit our narrative

Not my fault if the Leafs have zero win against the Bruins with Matthews in the lineup this year.

Some user should change his name to can'twinwithmatthews...

Reactions: blazenlo

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Leafs fans, dont argue with B's fans when they inevitably complain about the refs. It honestly just degrades the thread.
Simply reply to each of those posts with the "Embellishment City" vids and I think it will stop.
:sarcasm:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
87% of people know that you can make up anything you want with numbers.

Bruins have won 100% of the series against the Leafs when losing by 3 goals with under 10min to play in a game 7.

They definitely have. I am just glad that the Bruins season did not end with the Cup or it would be a tougher pill to swallow.

Bruins ended up losing in Game 6 to Chicago when they were within a couple minutes of forcing a Game 7. What happened next made our loss easier to forget.

2 U's 2 K's 2 goals past Tuukka Rask in 17 seconds.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's a video that's only for Boston fans and those types of biased videos shouldn't be in the OP posts of main board GDTs so happy it was excluded

Hell even the 2nd last media link shouldn't be in it

Obviously nitpicking but they're supposed to be not biased for 1 team, even though I expect you just brought your own GDT over from the Bruins board to here without having that intention

The home teams GDT is always used.......

Reactions: Pi

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
cut.jpg

cut.jpg

Pulled this off NHL.com.
Tuukka Rask vs. Frederik Andersen

Rask low stick side, and Anderson also low stick side.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
87% of people know that you can make up anything you want with numbers.

Bruins have won 100% of the series against the Leafs when losing by 3 goals with under 10min to play in a game 7.

Well it isn;t made up, Matthews IS 4-1 against the bruins in his career. Just like Freddie is 10-1 and the Leafs are 7-1 in the last 2 years.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
They definitely have. I am just glad that the Bruins season did not end with the Cup or it would be a tougher pill to swallow.

Bruins ended up losing in Game 6 to Chicago when they were within a couple minutes of forcing a Game 7. What happened next made our loss easier to forget.

2 U's 2 K's 2 goals past Tuukka Rask in 17 seconds.

Having already won the Cup in 2011, knowing Bergy wouldn't have played game 7 with his ponctured lung and the fact that the Bruins eliminated the Leafs in the ultimate comeback/choke fashion made it much easier to stomach that SCF game 6 loss.

In 7 games or less, we'll see if the Leafs are able to win their first playoffs series since 03-04 or if again, they won't...

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
The last time the Maple Leafs played a playoff game in Boston

What a call by Jack Edwards. I got shivers and I'm a Leafs fan. Looking back, that was the best thing that could've happened! Time for revenge!

Leafs will take game one 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad