GDT: Game 1: Colorado Avalanche Vs. St. Louis Blues - Quest For the Covid Cup - 8:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Something better happen to Blais. 4 minutes into the season and a head shot. The Avs were pretty rattled after that.
And they did literally nothing about it. I think that’s the part of last nights game that bothers me most. They responded to that hit the exact same way the Leafs would have responded to that hit which is do nothing and continue to get bullied.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I think Bo wants to come here and prove hes the difference maker. Kids cocky. This team might need a reminder from someone like Bo that they the big dicks in the locker room.

Judging by last nights game some of these guys could do with some pressure from the younger guys to light a fire under their arses. I'm specifically staring right at you Donskoi and Cole... I'm sure Kaut and Byram would love to take your jobs...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Judging by last nights game some of these guys could do with some pressure from the younger guys to light a fire under their arses. I'm specifically staring right at you Donskoi and Cole... I'm sure Kaut and Byram would love to take your jobs...
Im about done with Donskoi. He provides nothing to this team. A blemish on Sakics name at this point. Hopefully Joe can fleece another GM and unload Donskoi on them. I rather give that spot to a kid who wants to stay in the show. LOC or Bowers.

Reactions: Richard88

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
LOL at the its going to become a difficult regular season, the next one is a must win, this could spiral out of control bs comments. We lost one game, get a grip.

The Avs are guaranteed to make the playoffs unless they get absolutely crushed by injuries. Arizona, Anaheim, LA or Minnesota, two of those teams ain't finishing ahead of the Avs.

This season will be judged entirely by our playoff performance.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
The moment NHL writers/pundits/talking heads proclaimed us a cup contender. Some of the strip Landy of C crowd has been here before that.
Who cares if writers are saying we're a Cup contender now? This board has long been a place for Avs fans to visit and make fun of ourselves and the team together. Now that we get positive press a ton of people on here have lost their senses of humor? We've only lost one game this year, and there's nowhere to go but up.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well, I for one am not worried. I trust that Bo will save this team.
100%. If we look like this for the next like 10 games than we should start to really worry, but that won't happen. With the weird offseason and lack of game time there's going to be a lot of weird games and inconsistencies around the league.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Who cares if writers are saying we're a Cup contender now? This board has long been a place for Avs fans to visit and make fun of ourselves and the team together. Now that we get positive press a ton of people on here have lost their senses of humor? We've only lost one game this year, and there's nowhere to go but up.
That's right.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Screw Graves, put Timmins in and see what he's got. Graves blows, only reason he looked semi passable last year is because he rode Makar's coattails. Other than that he is a AHL caliber guy.

Timmins might end up better than Graves, but right now Graves offers more of an ability to knock guys around in the defensive zone. Which to me, was lacking against the Blues.

I thought Timmins was ok last night, but he wasn’t engaging physically at all. If he’s not going to do that, I’d rather keep Graves in the lineup.

Cole was much more of a concern than Graves imo.

Reactions: Richard88

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Once we trade Landy or strip him of the C and fire Bednar we'll be good. But until then we're worthless.

/s

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
And they did literally nothing about it. I think that’s the part of last nights game that bothers me most. They responded to that hit the exact same way the Leafs would have responded to that hit which is do nothing and continue to get bullied.

Yeah, that bothered me too. I hope Bednar addresses that.

Usually it’s Kadri, or EJ that will step up in those situations, but it can’t just be two guys.

I know he had the puck at the time, but I’m disappointed Makar didn’t do anything. Someone should have either dropped the gloves, or taken a run at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad