GDT: Game 1: Carolina Bunch of Jerks @ Detroit Red Wings - 1/14/2021 - 7:30 PM - FSD

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
We expecting the same lines we saw yesterday?

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Namestnikov - Fabbri - Zadina
Brome - Filpulla - Gagner
Nielsen - Glendening - Erne

Nemeth - Hronek
Dekeyser - Merrill
Staal - Stecher

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
First Wings game of the season on my birthday, against my home state team. Happy birthday to me, the ground, and Jason Bateman.

Wings win in OT.

Happy birthday!! I was hoping for a birthday game when we had the old December start date, but alas. Hope you enjoy the game and your day, my dude!

Reactions: RedMenace

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I don't think playoffs are totally unrealistic in this division with a short season. Chicago sucks, lumbus is overrated, Florida isnt very intimidating and Nashville has been in decline. If we get a hot start and some good goaltending It is possible. Would be a real curveball to rebuild. Hell even finishing 5th or 6th in the division could throw the rebuild for a loop if our lottery luck continues as is and we end up picking 10th or something.

All of that said, i wouldnt bet any some of money on the wings making playoffs but in this season and format crazier things have definitely happened.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I'm going to be super hyped at 7. Even more hyped for the intros (if they have them). And then reality will set in, haha.

Reactions: DatsDeking

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I don't think playoffs are totally unrealistic in this division with a short season. Chicago sucks, lumbus is overrated, Florida isnt very intimidating and Nashville has been in decline. If we get a hot start and some good goaltending It is possible. Would be a real curveball to rebuild. Hell even finishing 5th or 6th in the division could throw the rebuild for a loop if our lottery luck continues as is and we end up picking 10th or something.

All of that said, i wouldnt bet any some of money on the wings making playoffs but in this season and format crazier things have definitely happened.

If Pekka Rinne is a tire fire this year then there's a chance Nashville fails. I think they've got it in them to be a 6-8 seed this year but they're also a team that I could see falling into the bottom 12 of the league as well.

Chicago without Dach AND Toews, a defense that's arguably as bad or worse than ours, and goaltending that's likely the worst in the league...I can see them a bottom 3 team this year.

Florida without Trochek, Dadanov and Hoffman is a lot thinner on offense. Their defense also doesn't really impress me, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bobrovski has the Miami flu again this season. Without them really tightening up that ship I think they'll be bottom 12 as well.

However...Detroit still has Blashill as coach. don't bet on us exceeding expectations by too much.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
So what you're saying is that both the Wings and I are screwed? ;) All in good fun, the Oilers took it on the chin last night and lost to Chicago in the play-in's, so I am in no position to talk! I have Bouchard, Broberg and Seider on my bench, by the looks of things only Bouchard might get NHL action this season :(
Yea, but you'll be looking like a maestro five years from now :naughty:

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Highly skilled middle 6 kind of guy. Good wheels, very slick hands, very smart offensively but more of a playmaker and decent in his own zone. Playing over in Sweden it's a bit tricky to gauge how gritty his game is.

Could be a guy who is a 40ish point middle six winger, or he could become Damian Brunner.
"Highly skilled" might be an overstatement, he appears to be decent at everything but no top tier ability. Typical middle 6 winger.

I think his game suits the NHL better than Brunner. I think he'll figure out a way to stay in the league because even a 4th liner in the NHL makes considerably more money than a top SHL player.

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd say 3rd line winger that can play on the 2nd line when needed. 4th liner on a team like Caps or Lightning.

Reactions: William Rusco

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
i genuinely expect at least a PPG from mantha this year, will be a bit disappointed if he doesnt achieve that. He is so good.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

Yup some teams finish last and get bad lottery luck and pick at 15. Other teams finish at 15 and get good lottery luck and pick at 1.

Best to forget about it and just do what you do.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
"Highly skilled" might be an overstatement, he appears to be decent at everything but no top tier ability. Typical middle 6 winger.

I think his game suits the NHL better than Brunner. I think he'll figure out a way to stay in the league because even a 4th liner in the NHL makes considerably more money than a top SHL player.

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd say 3rd line winger that can play on the 2nd line when needed. 4th liner on a team like Caps or Lightning.

He's pretty slick. I've been watching his SHL games this year and I think he's got what it takes to be a solid 2nd liner if he can handle the rougher stuff in the NHL. The kind of guy that could be a 2nd liner on 22-24 teams in the league but a 3rd liner on a contender. A major upgrade over the dead weight we had on our 3rd line last year for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad