GDT: Game 1: Carolina Bunch of Jerks @ Detroit Red Wings - 1/14/2021 - 7:30 PM - FSD

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm done with Nielsen. I'm sure he's a great guy/leader and all that but he provides next to nothing on the ice.

Fabbri was atrocious in the face off circle. But so was most everyone else it seemed.

Once Larkins line goes off the ice I find myself saying "ok how much longer until they come on again?". It's only one game but I would not be upset if Blashill did some line juggling if no one else can find chemistry. Spread the wealth around a bit.

I don't know how many times I can say it, but Larkin's line was probably the worst one for Detroit last night. Sebastian Aho showed us what a real first line center is.

The 2nd line would have been better if Fabbri played NHL level hockey. He needs to be put back at wing.

I liked our 3rd line, and both Glendening and Erne looked to have some good hustle on the 4th line. Nielsen looked gassed after the 1st period despite playing 4th line minutes.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Did anyone catch this quote from Blashill?

"Honestly, for two periods, it was a fairly even hockey game,” Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill said. “That’s what the chances say, that was kind of my gut feeling on the bench. Everything outside of the shot total told me it was an even hockey game. That’s probably a bad job on us, not getting enough pucks to the cage and a really good job (by) them, but other than that, I thought for two periods it was fairly even."

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
About what I expected with a so long off, and being a terrible roster to start with.

-Mantha floating to start was sad, as you could tell he was not engaged at all.
-Erne actually had a decent game which was surprising
-Greiss was solid although I do feel most of Carolina's vast shot advantage weren't all that dangerous
-Why is Dekeyser on either PP, he has always sucked offensively and is worse than every other blueliner we have at PP with maybe the exception of Staal. I would rather have 5 forwards than him, and then he is on 1st pair yet.
-Zadina always gets to play with crap linemates, play him with Larkin and he should be no lower than PP1, we have no one better
-Rasmussen should be in the lineup over Namestnikov if Namestnikov is playing net front, as Ras is better
-Merrill and Stecher weren't terrible, but they will help continue our trend of can't get out of our zone based on how they played in game 1
-No offensive game at all which means lowest goals scored yet again

Obviously most of it is not surprising in the least, and why this will be yet another long season, with boring hockey from our team. I will say that the game was boring in general from both teams though.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Obviously there are issues with this team, and I don’t expect to win many games this year, but I’ll take this over what we had last year when it felt like we were down 3-0 10min in what felt like every game. At least in all three of these games we kept in close and were in it up to the end.

Reactions: MBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad