Post-Game Talk: Game 1: Caps v Pens (Mod Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
At some point breaking up Kuznetsov and Williams should be considered, they've done absolutely nothing together.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Took a peak on the Pens forum (no comments), and they are saying we are no joke. Quite a change in the last 24 hours.

And that was one of the sloppiest games we have played. Nothing the Pens did really. Just stupidity on our end.

Clean that up and we are golden.

They were marvelous un OT. Pens had nothing. They looked beat.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Hey, congrats people!!

I thought the Caps in general looked more competitive than expected in terms of matching Pens' speed. Don't know how that gap will evolve, but based on Game 1 it looked more or less manageable.

Oshie put in exactly the kind of huge performance you need to negate systemic disadvantage(s). Very happy for him, too, playoff monkeys off his back -- and just shows how it often doesn't mean anything when a quality player has some postseason struggles.. situation, timing is everything. Btw, Kuz is still pretty quiet overall, but even so he did set up about 3 grade A chances today.

Encouraging to see the Pens' goalie get perforated a little bit. If it ends up being a significant advantage in goal, that of course can make all the difference.

Tough games for Orlov and Schmidt. Hopefully some of it was first game adjusting to Pens' speed, but they gotta improve...

Overall -- just happy with the win!

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Thank God for the OT win, but not a great effort by the Boys tonight. They need to play better. And Willy........not good at all.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Orlov with 5:44 TOI with 3.5 periods

He completely changed the momentum and style of this game with his moronic play

He needs to be benched but we can't play anyone else that his speed

Now 5-0 with no Chorney so Webber I guess?

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
And that was one of the sloppiest games we have played. Nothing the Pens did really. Just stupidity on our end.

Clean that up and we are golden.

They were marvelous un OT. Pens had nothing. They looked beat.
I second this. When the Caps showed some urgency in the first and OT, they dominated.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
At some point breaking up Kuznetsov and Williams should be considered, they've done absolutely nothing together.

Just more evidence that the regular season means jack **** once the real season starts...

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Am I the only one that thinks Schmidt misplayed that second goal more than Orlov?

I think the goal is mostly on Orlov, because he got walked. Schmidt's decision/positioning seemed ridiculous, but IMO it had a secondary effect, because all it did was prevent Orlov from making some sort of desperation dive.. but by that time he was basically beaten.

They both weren't playoff-quality, though.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Not sure I get the Orlov hate here. 88 was a disaster, and literally took Orlov out of the play on the first goal.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
So much crying from Pens fans, Isles fans etc on the main boards about that Wilson play that was not intentional or damaging.

Pens were doing cheap things to Oshie all game.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Say what you will about Orlov but Orpik was caught standing around on two pens goals. First game jitters aside, put Orlov back in and ride the pairings again

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Orlov is a O-DMan. Orlov likes to move up with the puck but when you got a team that is quick like Pens, you can't do that. You leave your partner all alone doing that.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Say what you will about Orlov but Orpik was caught standing around on two pens goals. First game jitters aside, put Orlov back in and ride the pairings again

Orpik is still a solid defenseman and i trust him a whole lot more than Orlov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad