GDT: GAME #1... Canucks vs. Flames | Sportsnet, 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Hmmmm ... no.

I have had back spasms over 100 times. Worst was 2 weeks. But for the most part 3 stiff drinks and an hour in a hot tub. (Or very hot bath) will have me good to go the next day. Say 80% of the time.
Dido... but back spasms lasting more than a day or two could be considered a strain.

I was speaking towards the specifics of them calling it back spasms... usually indicates non tramatic cause and is of short duration..

I would get episodes where a circuit of stretches were enough to break em... but for those couple of hours tho....

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Flames fan coming in peace. Used to hate you guys a lot more back a few years back (yeah when you used to be a lot better). Now I hate the Ducks/Oilers more.

Anyways, no way in hell you will be that bad this season. You guys have some promising young kids that should thrive with being the main pieces up front. I’m a big Horvat fan.

Good luck this season.

Reactions: mouz135

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Flames fan coming in peace. Used to hate you guys a lot more back a few years back (yeah when you used to be a lot better). Now I hate the Ducks/Oilers more.

Anyways, no way in hell you will be that bad this season. You guys have some promising young kids that should thrive with being the main pieces up front. I’m a big Horvat fan.

Good luck this season.
Yup, that's usually how it goes. See you tonight!

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Awe man... guess we know what this usually means... Edit... I thought the tweet meant he was skating alone prior to practice...I.e. not likely to play..

Turns out.. it's a 'Im showing you I'm here to work' move... great to see!

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Despite all their flaws last year... the team came ready to work and would claw to come back or stay in it in so many games...

1st game.. zero expectation, on the road, teams knows what everyone thinks of em.. Seems like the perfect game to win and send the hockey world reeling and crash HFVan.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good that Virtanen is back out there. Curious news on Del Zotto - silver lining being that Hutton gets a chance. Although it sucks that it has to come from injury/other circumstances rather than the fact that he clearly earned a shot over others.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
just to confirm, because i am a little rusty at hockeying, but every healthy skater usually takes the morning skate, correct? so mdz is either sick, injured or shenanigans?

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
I'm going reverse psychology on this one:

Flames come in and destroy the Canucks 8-0 chasing Markstrom after dropping a 5-spot on him in the 1st period. Tkachuk tunes up Pettersson while Gudbranson watches and then comes back and takes a run at Boeser as Stecher tries to intervene. Nilsson pulls a groin and Markstrom has to come back in giving up the final 3 in the 3rd. Tkachuk is named player of the game and the team is booed off the ice.

----------

Here's hoping that works!

;)

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
First game, first healthy scratch for 1.9m/y signing Schaller. Good on Green making this decision, bad on Benning signing a fringe guy for almost 2m a year.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad